Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Me and Some Trapped Cats

About Me and Some Trapped Cats

First, I was up to trapping last night but took it easy. I took 2 traps and 2 granddaughters I have to say they fell in love with helping me trap so I now have some helpers. We got 2 newbies in the park but have at least a dozen, if not more, to catch. They want to help trap next week, and even the 3rd one wants to come, so I will try for 2 more so I don't over-do myself.

As for me I'm still having some health issues, but may be getting closer to finding out why (hopefully). My pneumonia is long since past and the Pulmonary Dr. said all is clear....yet I still have pain on the same side as the pneumonia. And until the last couple of weeks have had little to no energy. I did discover I was having a reaction to my blood pressure medication so switched that. Seems a lot of my energy has returned.

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I went in for a complete physical and they did an ultra-sound of the abdominal area. The Dr. called and said all blood work, urinalysis, etc. were coming back fine..well except for my cholesterol which is another story...but they saw a problem with the ultra-sound. Apparently my bile duct is enlarged and now they have to find out why. Friday I will be going in for an MRCP to see if there is a blockage, or hopefully whatever is causing this. It sucks getting old!

The Dr. said this could be the cause of my pain. My gall bladder was removed several years ago so it's doubtful it's gallstones. I will keep you posted when/if I find out anything. Thanks for listening.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Hi Lisa!

Glad to see a post from you, as it seems you haven't been around here much.

And still recruiting trappers, that is great!

Best wishes with the tests. Almost seems like you WANT them to find something, just so the searching is over and you can start getting on the mend. Well, I hope they find something that is EASY TO FIX!

One of the kittens I trapped back in July, Moosmom has taken her in. You have reached far and wide in helping ferals!http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134956

Best wishes
    Sandie

Lisa, I really hope this last ultrasound finding will be the missing piece, and that your health issues can finally be resolved.

{{{HUGS}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you're back to trapping cats again and that you have some extra helpers. I sure hope that your doctor will be able to find out what's wrong with you and why it's happening and that it can be easily treated. Please continue to keep us updated and take care. (((HUGS)))

Lisa, we're sending lots of healing prayers your way. Take care of yourself. Glad to hear you're back to trapping but don't overdo. You won't be any good to the cats or anyone if you get sick again.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

THE LUCKY FOUND CATS AND I SEND YOU HEALING PRAYERS.
    WE PRAY THAT YOU DONT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE OF OUR DEAR AUNT JOAN
    WHO WENT THROUGH THE WRONG TREATMENT FOR 3 YEARS BEFORE SHE WAS PROPERLY DIAGNOSED.

WE PRAY THAT YOU ARE WELL VERY SOON, AND ITS GREAT YOU ARE RAISING NEW CAT GUARDIANS, AS THEY NEED ALL THE HELP THAT YOU CAN GET!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that you are still having health problems! Please keep us posted on your test results! Sending prayers for you!!!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thanks everyone! I hope I get through this. I'm SO claustrophobic. They did give me ONE pill to relax me beforehand so we'll see. I made the mistake of going on-line and looking up MRI machine...OMG..I really don't know if I can tolerate being in there. Thanks again!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    I made the mistake of going on-line and looking up MRI machine...OMG..I really don't know if I can tolerate being in there.
    I've never had one myself but I've heard that they have open MRI's for people who are claustrophobic. Might want to look into it. Good luck and we'll keep the prayers going......
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    I've never had one myself but I've heard that they have open MRI's for people who are claustrophobic. Might want to look into it. Good luck and we'll keep the prayers going......
    I did and my Dr. prefers the closed one. He says you do not get as good a quality images with the open one. I have claustrophobia so bad that when we go out to eat I have to sit on the outside of a booth! I'm just going to keep my eyes closed and hope I don't touch the sides with any part of my body. I am literally freaking out here.

Well, I guess we're gonna have to do some mega praying for ya then, won't we? You'll be fine, girl, don't worry.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Major prayers! Close your eyes and picture cuddly times with your kitties...furry meditation!

Are you allowed to wear foam earplugs? I hear the machines can be a bit noisy, depending on what you consider 'noise'.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I don't want to freak you out or cause you anymore stress...but this is what worked for me...maybe it will help you also?

I am also extremely claustrophobic...and when I did the open MRI because I went bonkers even sedated at the closed one...they let my husband come in and hold my hand and then my foot when the top part of me went in...and he read me books and sang to me and it helped a lot! Do you have anyone who could do that for you...sorry if that a rude question...but I'm new and thought you could ask if someone was willing and if the doctors would let you...mine didn't want to at first but even sedated I had a bad time of it and was shaking so bad they couldn't get a good read. So, maybe it would work for you??? Good luck and I am sending good thoughts and prayers for you.
    Last edited by Katjaye; 10-19-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Katjaye, but everyone calls me...

"And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart," answered the soul.

Thanks everyone...I made it through! I was at the Mayo Hospital and they treated me like gold. Even with the meds I was shaking like I was freezing. She came over and placed a wash cloth over my face and proceeded to hook me up. I had what they call an MRCP which is for the pancreas, bile duct, etc. Once in the machine I calmed down. I couldn't see what was happening and they put earphones with music playing. She would then talk to me telling me when to breath and when to hold it. It took around 40 minutes so now the wait is for the results! Thanks for replying and thinking of me.

BTW we released the 2 trapped cats happily running back to their environment. They came for their dinner last night so they're doing well!

Thank goodness this part is over!!

YAY! I am so happy for you! It can be traumatic and I am glad you were handeled so well! Good for you and the kitties! I hope your tests come back with answers for you! Prayers and thoughts being sent to you!
    Katjaye, but everyone calls me...

"And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart," answered the soul.