Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lily's vet visit (update #11 + 12, everything's fine!)

Lily's vet visit (update #11 + 12, everything's fine!)

Two years ago, Lily had an increased urea level, and for that, I'm giving her some shots every once in a while, to support her kidneys. Yesterday, I noticed an urine-like smell on her, so I brought her to vet for some blood tests. She was a good girl and let my vet do her job with the needle... Now I'm waiting for the results, and I'm slightly nervous. Hope her kidneys are still working fine (I know, it's just a question of time that they'll start failing, but I hope that day is still far far away).

Another thing I'm nervous about is the blood count. Luna and Lily have always weird results! Decreased leucos, and some other things as well, really strange. Makes me think it's an underlying virus, something that hasn't broken out yet. Both were tested negative for feline leukemia, but I fear it could be FIP, or FIV... So far, none of them shows any signs of illness, but I'm pretty sure Lily's blood count will come back with the same, weird results. I hope at least her kidneys are okay...

If I'm lucky, I'll get the results tomorrow around noon.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 02-02-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Hopefully things will be as normal as they can be!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen; I will keep you updated!

Prayers and good wishes that all is well with Lily and Luna, Kirsten. Please keep us posted.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you, I will! Sometimes it's so hard to believe that Luna will be 12 in April, and Lily 9 in May. They're seniors now, and still I remember the days so well when they were kittens, and when they came home with me...

I hope all the tests come out great! I know how worried you are.

Like you, I realize how old mine are, seniors and after loosing Boo...I just don't know how I will handle loosing another one.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sending you and your cats good vibes that the tests come back A-okay and that all will be fine for the next couple of years.
    Get your camera out and snap more shots of those pretty little babies...
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Thank you very much, Asiel & Laura!

Called my vet, but unfortunately, she hasn't gotten the results from the lab today. Have to wait one more day, hope they'll arrive tomorrow!

Kirsten, I send my best wishes for a good result - all fingers and paws crossed! Please let us know.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I sure hope that you'll receive good results. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Now I'm nervous!

Thank you, Randi and Tracey.

Well, the results are back now, but... Her cystatin c is slightly decreased, but the other kidney values are fine. This is definitely good news! So far, everything I did to support her kidneys seemed to have worked!

But as expected, her blood count was as weird as usual: Leucos way too low (a little higher than they were in 2010 when they last were tested), but still very low. It used to be the same with Luna's when she was tested in 2006, 2007 and 2009. It's very likely that there's an underlying viral activity in both cats, either FIP or FIV which hasn't broken out yet. I don't think it's Feline Leukemia as both of them were tested negative in the past, and they were not exposed to any other cats ever since. However, I just made the tough decision to have Lily's blood sample (which is still at the lab's) tested for FIP, FIV, and Feline Leukemia - and now I'm nervous! I know, for the time being, it won't change a thing because they don't show any signs of illness, and I can't do anything about it, anyway. Maybe it was a wrong decision to order the tests, but on the other hand, it might help to know what we're dealing with... I'm nervous!

My vet called earlier this afternoon to tell me that she already got the results, and all the three tests were negative! I'm so relieved!!! My Lily is healthy, no FIP, no FIV, and no feline leukemia. It's still a little strange that her blood count is so weird (and Luna's the same), but at least it's none of these fatal viruses that's responsible for that (figure it would be the same with Luna, but I won't have her tested at this point). I'm so happy it's none of these!!!

Yay! She's not sick, she's just unique, that's all!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad to hear that the test results all came back good. Now you can relax.

WOOHOO! Looks like Lily will enjoy many more years with you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda