Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POTD Poll

POTD Poll

On the main page, the poll is "Does your pet sleep on your bed?" I was quite surprised with the answer!!!

- Yes 18%

- No, it's not allowed 65%

- No, it does not want to or is not able 16%

65%?? WOW.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I'm part of the 18%, though I haven't voted, yet. I watch cleaning shows and they always say to keep the pets off the bed. Forget that! I love having my spoiled dog with me.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Hubby is allergic so Boomer is definately not allowed to sleep on our bed.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If Stuart had his way there would be no dogs on the bed and for many years there weren't. Chum and Pacer are allowed to sleep on the bed now. Chum sleeps by my feet and has to stay as far away from Stuart's side as possible. He knows what "on your spot means" and goes right to it. He also knows the rules are different when "Dad" is away! His side is fair game then! Pacer usually sneaks up in the middle of the night. He's so shy and it's such a display of trust that neither of us has the heart to make him get down!

The rest don't seem interested or sleep in their crates. There are dog beds and blankets everywhere! Pingo has her own couch. Hobo prefers the coat closet. Antare has taken over the arctic entry.

There are usually several cats on the bed. Ivy sleeps under the covers; Sophia sleeps on my throat; Polly Paws keeps Chum in line at the foot of the bed. The others come and go, except Puff who refuses to come into the bedroom at all.(her choice, not ours, she's welcome if she changes her mind)
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

WOW i was sure most people here slept with their animals either a cat or a dog But i guess i was wrong. My little doggie does sleep with me when she wants to. Her crate is open all night, she likes to sleep there sometimes as well. Other times she sleeps on my bed, never anywhere else. Always in my room at night.
    Biscotties, the perfect companion for your latte.
    I love my girls Nena & Lola, there just perfect.

When we first got them they were allowed on the bed but after a few years my parents decided no more pets on the beds so they weren't allowed to for 6 or so years and now they are again but Thunder's hips are too bad and Rockee is too fat to jump onto the bed. Duck and Milo sleep with me though and all the cats are allowed on the bed.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Yep, mine are all allowed on the bed. A mattress pad and extra laundry are cheap prices to pay for all the snuggles and cuddles I receive!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pups are free to nap on the bed during the day. But as soon as we get in bed too, the Shelties don't stick around for very long. They don't like sharing with us apparently LOL Keeva will sleep with us if we let her but she's one heck of a kicker so she sleeps in the living room.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I was surprised by the numbers as well! My babies are always allowed on our bed. When I get a bad allergy / asthma flare-up, we wash and close the door to them. It never lasts for long though!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

The kitties sleep with me, but Duke has to be in his crate down in the living room because he has accidents in the middle of the night. So DUke isn't allowed to sleep with me.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I'll bet a lot of Dog owners didn't vote yet. Most everyone I know with
    dogs on PT let their dogs sleep on the bed. I do too.They can really warm up those cool sheets.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My husband and I open our bed to the pets everynight. Jax (the cat) won't sleep in our room because his food / water / litterbox are downstairs... although he will curl up behind my head if I am taking a nap... he knows when I will only be up there a short time.

The dogs sleep with us every night. Sadie sleeps on the end of the bed, usually on my feet (we've tried to teach her to sleep on the end of bed in the MIDDLE of us so as not to take foot room away from either of us, but she chooses my side all the time)...

Noba is funny. He will start off on his dog bed on the floor and then EVERYnight without hesitation, usually between 3-4 am, he wakes up and comes to my side of the bed and starts screaming bloody murder. And it's not because he has to go potty, he wants on the bed. So I have to get up and pick him up (55lbs!!!) and put him on the bed. Then if I try and put him on the end of the bed or on the outside of me, he cries this low pityful sound. The only place that makes him happy is between my husband and I. BUT, he HAS to be facing me with his head on my hubby's pillow and his paw touching me... Honestly, any other position and he just does the "pity me, I'm so unloved" moan... quite pathetic really. I tried ignoring him one night to see what he would do, so after about 5 mins, he walked over to hubby's side of the bed and stood there and screamed even louder, woke hubby up and then got in bed anyway... lol... silly hound... spoiled some would say, loved I say!!

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    The pups are free to nap on the bed during the day. But as soon as we get in bed too, the Shelties don't stick around for very long. They don't like sharing with us apparently LOL Keeva will sleep with us if we let her but she's one heck of a kicker so she sleeps in the living room.
    Haha! That's like Mickey! He'll lounge in my bed and sleep there.. but when I come to bed he looks at me with disgust and leaves.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

Chum and Pacer are allowed to sleep on the bed now.

There are usually several cats on the bed.
    * Ivy sleeps under the covers;
    * Sophia sleeps on my throat;
    * Polly Paws keeps Chum in line at the foot of the bed.
    * The others come and go ...
    Good GRIEF!

That's Two Dawgs and a minimum of Three Kats ... not to mention TWO BiPeds ...

Just how BIG is your BigBed?

We start out with Cinder curled up on the foot of the BigBed - about 1/4 used;
    SmokeMutt is my hot water bottle - he's always cuddled up next to me UNDER the covers -
    another 1/4 of the bed used - they start out butt-to-butt on 1/2 of the bed -
    I get what's left.

In time, Cinder un-winds and begins to use my feet as her pillow ... as my feet
    "go to sleep" - I curl into the fetal position and she takes over the lower 1/3 of the bed.

SmokeMutt is a "quiet sleeper" (usually) and stays in a rather tight ball ...
    but there are "those nights" when he too UN-winds and starts *pushin* ...
    I've awakened to feel a serious "draft" - and discovered MY Butt was hanging off
    the edge of the bed in space!
    And we do this on a "single/twin" sized bed!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Good GRIEF!

That's Two Dawgs and a minimum of Three Kats ... not to mention TWO BiPeds ...

Just how BIG is your BigBed?

We upgraded to a king sized bed last spring. Chum sleeps in a little ball most of the time. Pacer likes to sprawl out! Cats are little they don't take up much room! Occasionally, I try to move Sophia off my throat. She's a little cat and I love her dearly, but the fur scarf is a bit much some nights. I am never successful in relocating her for long! She always comes back and I always get told off for moving her! Little cat--BIG voice!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving