Thread: Anybody Use Greenie Pill Pockets?

Anybody Use Greenie Pill Pockets?

I purchased some at the vets because JoJo is having ear scratching & belly licking issues and is on Prednisone for a week or two.

I pray that she eats the pill pocket with the medicine in them. She HATES it when I give her a pill orally - she spits it out, foams at the mouth and just has a hissy fit! For a cat with 3 legs, she's pretty strong when it comes to pills.

Anybody use these pill pockets and does it work for your cat(s)?

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE, WAHT I TRY TO DO IS HAVE MY VET PRESCRIBE A LIQUID MED THAT I CAN WIPE ON THIER PAWS OR NOSE. THAT DOESNT ALWAYS WORK, BUT I CANT HOLD THEM LONG ENOUGH TO PILL THEM, THEY ARE FAST AND I AM OLD.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I've never heard of Greenies Pill Pockets but I do use the other brand of pill pockets. I have 3 cats that are on herbal pill supplements so I cut up one pill pocket into 3 pieces and then put the pill in it. I open my cats mouth and tilt their head back and they swallow it without any problems. Good luck.

We had to get creative with Giz and her heart medicine. She would eat the pill in the pill pocket for awhile, then would have nothing to do with it. Then we would crush it up and crush a treat up with it and she would eat that. Now, with Amy and Boo on the Cosequin I buy canned cat food and mix all the meds in that and they get that as a treat. A half a teaspoon is all they get with their meds each night and that is now their new treat.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

After looking at the Pill Pockets that I have, I found out that they're made by Greenies but they're not called "Greenies Pill Pockets" like I saw on a website when I tried looking it up. This must be their new packaging.

I am currently using the salmon flavoured ones for Oliver's daily medicine. He LOVES them, he will even remind me when it is time to give him the medicine. There is no way I could give him regular meds without these

My friend has a cat and she is using that now. She seems to like them. Don't really know what the cat is taking pills for, allergies I think but she hasn't said they weren't good...and she is the kind who would get upset if they didn't work.

My cats don't like the Pill Pockets unfortunately, even if there is nothing inside them! But, I have found that the prednisilone (like prednisone but more cat friendly) must not have much of a taste to it because two of my cats that I have been giving it to (now just one cat) don't even notice that it is crushed up in their wet food. These two cats are my fussiest and they will not eat wet food that may have been 'tainted' with meds but somehow the pred makes it under their radar and they don't even know it's in their food. I use the back of a spoon to crush half a tab in the bowl and I make sure it's all in powder form with no larger pieces and then I mix it well with a couple of teaspoons of fancy feast or stinky cat tuna.

Also, there is another option. I used to give prednisilone to my cat Jimmy using a transdermal gel. Your vet can order it through their veterinary pharmacy. I used to get a box of 3 syringes and each syringe had 1 ml in it. His dose was every other day and all I had to do was squirt 1/10th of the syringe onto the back of a spoon and then smear it inside his ear flap. It was awesome and so easy! The meds work their way into the cat's system and are supposed to work as effectively as the pills. I stopped using it because my RB cat Charlie used to groom Jimmy and he was sometimes ingesting the meds that were not meant for him.

I use them. But not for the cats, lol.

I have to give Oreo half a Benadryl twice a day. The kitty pill pockets are the perfect size for a half a benadryl tablet! I had some here that Charlie was to smart for... so I tried them with Oreo's med's and he gobbled up the Benadryl.

I got the Chicken ones.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

My God! Where have pill pockets been all my life?! JoJo LOVES them! I give her the chicken flavored ones and as a treat, I'll give her some real chicken pieces after she eats her pill pocket.

My God, I could write a book on how difficult it has been giving all my past cats pills. Even giving JoJo pills in the past has been very difficult.

Pill pockets are a gift from God!

On the "bad" side, I think the Prednisone has made her sick. She was lethargic and had diarreha all day yesterday. I think she's feeling a little better today. My poor girl.

On the "good" side, her ears look really good.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!