Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WE NEED HELP! Please read my long thread

WE NEED HELP! Please read my long thread

I just came across this fab site and can tell I will become a forum addict in no time at all. But, today I have a specific message to get out.

I rescued a beautiful female pitbull almost 3 months ago and have not found her a home as of yet. It is so difficult to place her with someone that has experience with pitts or has(what I would consider) a good home. I am not critical, but am extremely responsible with my pets and always have been; they are family. I am the owner of a great pyr/ and he is the bomb...best dog I ever had...this pit has been with him for almost 3 months and she is mimicking his behavior and I am sure you guys know what that means. She is not aggresive, she is polite, thoughtful, and super sweet, generous with other animals, no bad habits...just a bit active when given the opportunity, needs to run, needs a back yard.

She is crate trained, has crate, worm free, getting her spayed today as she is approaching 6 months and don't want her going into heat. She would be free to the right home(that is the catch). It's going to tear her up to be given away...she is now, finally at home here and truly a family dog...we have 2 kids, a cat, fred the pyr....she is a super dog. Her name is 'Tula' my husband named her....he is danish and 'Tula' is another word for sweet...or sweety...kinda like that.

We are in Houston, Texas....they put pits down here, rescue leagues are full.

Don't want to make this any longer and have no replies, any more info me please p.m. me and thank you for taking the time to read this long post.

I am renting and will fight my landlord over this, but it will get ugly. I have nosey neighbors and you know the stigma with pits. I have had one before, sweetest dog. So I have critical neighbors with an aggressive freaking brittany spaniel(really pisses me off). My dogs have no bad habits and are not aggresive. But, strictly due to her breed I will have a world of trouble as this leaks in my neighborhood. If I was not renting I would keep her and although I need to find her a home; when found...I would like then to approach my landlord and see if there is anyway possible to keep her; but my husband and I are about 100% sure he will not work with us on this. He is an anal, critical, judgemental jerk....and worried nonstop about someone suing him...freak. Or if sh** hits the fan here; our lease is up next summer, another foster until our lease is up would be SUPER COOL. Either way, her well being is the number one priority and most likely relocating her is the best solution for her...unfortunately not us

raquel

Hi Raquel, welcome to Pet Talk.

Mostly everyone here knows how much I adore Pitties. I wish I could take her off your hands for you but my parents would kill me while we already have 3 dogs. There are quiet a few people in Texas and surrounding areas on this board, so hopefully a few of them will see and will be able to help.

Kay

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

thanks so much for the welcome; I hope there is a pit lover out there wanting her...she is gorgeous...blond, white stripe on back of the neck, beautiful white chest, and all tips of her feet are white, has ears and tail. 6 months 45 pounds, came to me at about 4 months at 30 pounds, I have had her about 10 weeks....wow, huh? And the vet thought she was pretty fit, but petite, think again, she was HUNGRY.
    thanks again

raquel

Quote Originally Posted by mydogfred
    thanks so much for the welcome; I hope there is a pit lover out there wanting her...she is gorgeous...blond, white stripe on back of the neck, beautiful white chest, and all tips of her feet are white, has ears and tail. 6 months 45 pounds, came to me at about 4 months at 30 pounds, I have had her about 10 weeks....wow, huh? And the vet thought she was pretty fit, but petite, think again, she was HUNGRY.
    thanks again

raquel
    hope you find a home for her - she sounds a beauty. Have you posted this on all the other forums too? More people will get to see it - Good luck
    Last edited by Pawsitive Thinking; 11-10-2005 at 09:19 AM. Reason: An idea
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Tula

I have posted on Pit Bull Forum and it is the rescue area, there you can check out her pics, she is also listed with petfinder with 2 different posts, one in the classifieds and a woman helped me out and posted her under her shelter i.d. you can see her under caringheart.petfinder.com her pic's are there, remember her name is 'Tula'...she's gotten so big in 3 months, it's wild

raquel

I'm in Houston but i'm afraid i dont know anyone who would take a Pit. I love them, but we have 2 already. PM Pit Chick, she's in houston and works with Pit Bull rescues
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/member.php?u=11597

Good Luck on finding her a home!

thanks

just p.m. her thank you for the suggestion.

raquel

post here
    http://forum.animalrescuecooperation.org/index.php

tons of pit bull lovers and rescuers on there...

thanks again

thanks for the help you guys, will go there for a post now.

raquel

what is my disfunction

why can i not upload photos with manage my attachments? Anyone?

raquel(frustrating, took the little avatar of tula, but would love to get some pics here

thanks

OMG! She is adorable, I wish I could have her!!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

you guys are great

I was resizing some photos to see if I could troubleshoot this, thank you

raquel
    now i'll give it a go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

see if I got it here

is she a pretty girl, sweet face
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0315.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	910.8 KB 
ID:	25066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	checking on the neighbor's.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	25067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tula as a baby in august.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	25068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tula 005.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	795.0 KB 
ID:	25069  
    Last edited by mydogfred; 11-27-2005 at 08:28 PM. Reason: trying to understand why my pics are thumbnails uploaded as jpeg photos

OMG, she is ADORABLE!! I would take her in a heart beat, but 1. I live in Minnesota, and 2. I already have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 horses, and 3 ducks, I dont think my parents would be too happy. I wish you THE BEST of luck in finding her a home. She is absolutly beautiful. I hope someone can give her a good home!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

She is very gorgeous! Good luck!