Thread: Aliens have taken my Polly Paws...pics

Aliens have taken my Polly Paws...pics

I swear aliens have taken my Polly Paws and replaced her with a much more pleasant creature. Polly Paws is a former feral who is quite tame now. She tolerates the other cats, except for Onyx who she despises. She goes out of her way to swat him! She hates me and occasionally treats me like Onyx. She is Stuart's cat. She loves her daddy.

Yesterday she was very nice to me. Everywhere I went she was right behind me, yowling her fool head off. She only shut up if I pet her. She even let me hold her for a few minutes and I have no new scars from the incident! I was trying to do some beadwork and she thought sitting on my shoulder would fun!

Then last night, I'm eating dinner and I see this across the room:

Polly and Glacier on the same chair! That never happens. She never sleeps with the other cats. Over three years she's lived here and this is a first!

A little while later, she's actually touching Glacier, which lead to some intense grooming!

An hour later, my dinner is cold and Polly Paws is actually asleep, touching another cat!

I wonder if my vet would think I'd gone completely nuts if I brought her in..."sorry, Doc, but she's just being too nice!"
    Last edited by Glacier; 08-15-2005 at 12:40 PM.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I don't think a vet visit is necessary at all. I think that Twicket of yours had a little talk with Lil Miss Polly Paws and told her she had to change her ways or else she would have to deal with him. He must have told her "look meowmie is having a rough time and I am here to make sure you guys do everything you can to help her out and you part in this Polly is to be nice to meowmie and let her know you really do love her"

Smart boy that Twicket. Good job buddy.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I think Michelle (kittycats_delight) is on to something. Why else the sudden change then because Twicket wanted everyone to be nice and make things a bit easier for everyone. For whatever the reason, I am glad that Polly Paws has become so friendly. Imagine actually "touching" another cat. She has come a long way!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Will wonders never cease? Hopefully this is a furever new attitude on the part of Polly Paws. How nice it would be, for meowmie and the other kitties. Ya hoo Polly, good girl.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Shuffling of the deck

Maybe the pecking order changed once Twicket went to RB. Think about it. I know when cats come in to the house, there is often a change in order so why wouldn't it work that way when one leaves?

My cats are being nice to each other right now, too. Sometimes it is like a war zone and right now it is heaven. Well, not heaven, but everyone is into grooming each other and tolerating each other.

Glad to hear you are getting a kick out of it all!

..."sorry, Doc, but she's just being too nice!"
    giggle, giggle.

All I can say is "DON'T KNOCK IT!!!"

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    How cool! That Glacier is just so handsome, his coloring reminds me of my Dusty. Polly Paws, what a cutie.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I would say to just enjoy the new situation.

But, you may want to check the basement and the garage for a cat-sized pod, just to make sure.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Originally posted by Don Juan's mom

But, you may want to check the basement and the garage for a cat-sized pod, just to make sure.
    OMG!!! That comment is just too darn funny. LOL!!!!!!!

Glacier and Polly Paws are such gorgeous cats. I hope the new, improved Polly Paws continues being pleasant.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Originally posted by Don Juan's mom
    And if/when you find one, see if there's anything in it about another pod being left in New Mexico near Zippy's house.

I'm glad she's being more friendly. It could very well be that it's because Twicket is gone. You hate to think that, but if he had to go, maybe this is the good that will come of it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

They are beautiful together, maybe they figured out they are a mighty handsome pair? I just think sometimes, something "clicks" in their brain and they realize what they are missing when it comes to avoiding humans petting them... I sometimes swear anothe cat posses Amy, she has just gotten so sweet, her whole personality has changed...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

MAYBE,THATS THE CASE,AND TWICKET ANGEL,HAS BEEN ABLE,TO CONVINCE POLLY PAWS,THAT BEING NICE,IS THE WAY,TO BE.
    OR TWICKETS ABSENCE,HAS SOMEHOW,CHANGED THE CAT DYNAMICS,OF YOUR HOME.
    WHAT EVER,IT IS,I HOPE,THAT IT CONTINUES,AND THAT ONYX,WILL SOON,BE PART,OF THAT CLOWDER!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS