Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It was a scarey ride!

It was a scarey ride!

Yesterday, I got a phone call from the park manager where I live asking me to come up to his shop.. I go and this big guy was there in a trap... He hadn't trapped him, it was the only thing he had to put him in... Here is the story... (The kitty is being called "Toby" for now....)

A lady in the park had went out visiting and when she got home and pulled in her driveway, Lewis saw something fall out from under her car. He walked over to investigate and he found this guy! The lady had NO idea he was up under her car or where he came from, she only knew she didn't want a cat! This boy had been fixed and declawed and is VERY healthy looking and I judge in to be between 15 to 20 pounds. He is the friendliest thing, you can pick him up and love on him all you want. He is terrified of the outside so I talked the manager into letting him loose in the shop and keeping him as a "shop" cat until we could find out where he belongs.

Mike got on the phone and called several of the rescue orginazations and checked the newspaper for lost cat ads and he found 2 and called them. This is not the cat those people were looking for. I am thinking about calling the vets around here and see if one of them would scan him to see if he is microchipped since I know he belongs somewhere and someone is looking for him. He is to healthy and loving to be a stray. Here is Toby

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh Toby, what's your story???

Gladyou and the ranger are taking care of him! A declawed should NEVER be outside, they can't protect themselves well and can't climb a tree to escape danger!

Any chance of you keeping him? A nice big huggable orangie!

I am at my limit already and can not take him but I would love to! Amy is so stressed out with Boo here that I couldn't, even if I had the room. While things are going good with Boo now, the stress level is still high due to all the attacking she did when I first introduced her here and the stress is taking a toll on Amy's CH.

Lewis does not want to turn Toby over to the shelter... I think he has fell in love with this one and would keep him himself if we can not locate the owner and make a shop cat out of him as long as he will stay in the shop with the doors open.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

He sure is a lovely looking cat
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh Toby, you are a beautiful boy. I hope if someone is missing you they can be found so you can be reunited with your family. If not, I hope you can be a shop kitty with Lewis.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a lovely boy, Toby is! He looks so much like Fister, except for the white. I hope you can find his family, or the shop owner will keep him.

Best of luck to Toby!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

What a gorgeous boy! If he winds up as a shop cat, I hope he won't dash out with the doors open, being declawed and all.

Dear Toby - if you are lost, your people must be heartbroken (they BETTER be!).

I would think he crawled under her car at the place she was visiting! He wouldn't do it while she was driving. Could she or you call her friend and find out if the friend knows someone with a big orangie?

Poor Lewis - if Toby finds his home, he'll just have to rescue another!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Toby certainly does look lost anf freightened. Good for you looking ot find his family, as it certainly seems he's not meant to be lost... his fluffiness would attest to that!

PS: Are you sure you haven't found my Allen? Good thing I saw him eating 15 minutes ago or I'd be searching for him right now

It was a scary ride

What a beautiful boy! Toby, you look so sweet and friendly I'd love to snuggle with you. Don't worry, there's nothing for you to be scared of. The folks who found you will love you, care for you, and do everything they can to help you find your furever family. They must be missing you a lot!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    What a gorgeous boy! If he winds up as a shop cat, I hope he won't dash out with the doors open, being declawed and all.

Dear Toby - if you are lost, your people must be heartbroken (they BETTER be!).

I would think he crawled under her car at the place she was visiting! He wouldn't do it while she was driving. Could she or you call her friend and find out if the friend knows someone with a big orangie?

Poor Lewis - if Toby finds his home, he'll just have to rescue another!
    I agree with Catty1 - check the place where the woman was visiting. And the scanning for a chip is a given.

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Hi Toby...Antoinette here!

I know what you went through - I did the same thing in a Dodge 1-ton.
    Ya think ya found a nice comfy warm spot and suddently you are hitching a ride.
    I truly hope someone is looking for you right now and you find your home and family soon. Don't be scared now though, you are in good safe hands not matter what.
    Annie
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Oh my, what a beautiful cat...He has been well taken care of thats for sure, very healthy looking. I bet the owners are upset and wonder where their baby is. I wish yall luck finding out where he belongs. Until then I am sure he will be looked after with lots of love.
    Carol Bulger

Michael And Miquelito And The Orange Porch Angels Are Hoping And Praying That Tobys Purrents Wont Give Up And Will Move Heaven And Earth To Find Thier Big Orange Companion.
    He Is So Big And Handsome , He Must Be Someones Very Special Friend And We Pray That They Are Reunited.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh my goodness, Toby's family should be frantic looking for him. If he's declawed and that healthy and friendly, he must belong to someone. We're praying that the come for him NOW.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my!! What a beautiful boy. I hope you find his owners or a new home for him soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June