Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad news .... but then The Circle of Life ...

Sad news .... but then The Circle of Life ...

First of all, during my absence from PT, I have had to lose 2 of my kitties. Little Bobo was literally a walking skeleton and my vet could not ever determine why. The final decision was to humanely have him PTS before his major organs began shutting down. Harder still than that, I had to make the same painful decision to have my beloved Dexter PTS as well. His mouth was so severe, and he was in excrutiating pain. We had done a cleaning, tried the steroids and everything my vet could suggest to no avail. We could not watch him suffer in pain any longer. He had lost weight and his beautiful coat was in horrible condition from the infection from his mouth. It was terribly hard to watch him go on that table, as he was one of my first rescues form our high kill shelter.

Here are my newest RB babies ......

Bobo:

Dexter in better days:

These two were PTS on April 3rd. I went from 11 kitties down to 9 in one sad day. As the circle of life would have it, my friend who is up to her ears in kittens (kitten season) sort of pushed this one little boy on me, who looks very much like my Dexter must have when he was a baby. I resisted for a few weeks, then she sent me another e-mail about him. Finally, my daughter Amanda and I decided that in honor of Dexter, we could take this little scrawny guy in. Amanda named him Daxter in honor of our beloved boy. He is extra thin, but we are working on that. We brought him home on June 2nd ... just 2 months after our loss. So, we have not increased our limit, we still are at 10 where we were at 11 before. I am committed to holding at 10 though. It is a comfortable number for both me and the kitties.

Ok, so please welcome baby Daxter. Don't know about you, Lori, but I see a baby Ripley in him!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm so sorry to hear about Bobo and Dexter, but little Dexter Jnr is super cute.

Sad news ... but then The Circle of Life...

I am so so sorry for your loss Kim.. I know it was for sure very hard to watch your babies being so ill.. RIP wittle ones.. May the RB Angels take you both now to Corinna GodMother & to be with all the other Beloved PT Angels..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm so sorry about your loss. I lost one of mine on March 5th, due to the pet food recall. It is so hard. Your babies were beautiful, and Daxter is super cute.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. It's the most difficult decision to make.

Daxter is a doll!!

Daxter is a doll baby! You're right, it's the circle of life, and as difficult as it can be sometimes, there are so many other furbabies out there that need love and attention. Bless you for taking in Daxter and know that my prayers are w/you in your time of loss and grief. Your Bobo and Dexter are at peace and I hope you have found some as well.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    So sad to hear of your loss of Bobo and Dexter.

Baby Daxter looks mischievous! I bet he's keeping you on your toes!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

10 is a great and easy bunch to care for.I'm glad you added a little guy to your bunch.
    sorry for your lossess.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

So sorry you have lost Bo Bo and Dexter, but you were right not to let them suffer any longer. Keep the good memories in your heart.

Rest in peace, sweet little ones, and then play happily on the RB.

What a little cutie Daxter is, I'll be looking forward to see him grow up.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you all. Little Daxter was born right about the time that my Dexter was PTS. I got him 2 months after that day, and he was approximately 8 weeks old. Coincidence? I don't think so!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Aw, I'm so sorry about your babies. Congrats on your new addition, though. What a cutie pie!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm very sorry about the losses of Bobo and Dexter, Kim. May they RIP.

Little baby Daxter is cute, and I'm sure he will do what he can to help you deal with the losses.

Kirsten

Kim!! ((((HUGS)))) I have missed you so much! I knew something was wrong and was hoping it wasn't anything like this! OH MY GOD... I sent you a email telling you I had you on my mind so strong and tried several times to call you from the boat while I was out the last time... (I WISH they would put us up more cell towers out there!) I am so sorry for your loss! Terriably, terriably sorry...

BUT, nothing helps like having a kitten in the house to ease the pain and Daxter is just PURRRFECT! Man! How many times have I said "when the timming is right".... things happen! No, Daxter was sent to you to help ease the pain and we all know that! What a looker he IS! He is just far to adoreable and he will turn into a fine boy cat one day and ease all your grief.. NOW.... I can't wait for the Daxter stories and pictures!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh Kim, I am so sorry for your losses. Two in one day, that had to be heartbreaking. (((hugs))) to you and your family.

Congratulations on Baby Daxter! He sure is a cutie pie! I am sure he is full of fun and is very mischievious.

Keep sending those pictures! How are the rest of your furbabies?
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Kim, I am so sorry for the loss of Bobo and Dexter. At least you can take solace in that they are not in pain and you did the best for them!

I must say, little Daxter baby is just a cutie pie!