Thread: has he got kennel cough ?

has he got kennel cough ?

i have a cavalier king charles 6 yrs old for 4 weeks now about 2 or 3 times aday he suddenly makes an awful sound from his throught he sounds like a pig i rub his chest and it goes but it is like he cant get his breath , i took him to vet who gave tablets they have not worked , today vet gave other medication and said to by cough medician , i have to take him back next week if he is still the same he will get a scan, he did bring up flem last week and, do you know what can be wrong with him , we dont gpo out to places where there are a lot of dogs he dont go near other dogs only my staff and he is ok he is old now and both dogs sleep together and when scooby does this in the night my max helps him before i can get there he rolls him over and helps him up

Maybe.....

Take him to the vet, just in case...I think it might be kennel cough.

Quote Originally Posted by paturl
    i have a cavalier king charles 6 yrs old for 4 weeks now about 2 or 3 times aday he suddenly makes an awful sound from his throught he sounds like a pig i rub his chest and it goes but it is like he cant get his breath , i took him to vet who gave tablets they have not worked , today vet gave other medication and said to by cough medician , i have to take him back next week if he is still the same he will get a scan, he did bring up flem last week and, do you know what can be wrong with him , we dont gpo out to places where there are a lot of dogs he dont go near other dogs only my staff and he is ok he is old now and both dogs sleep together and when scooby does this in the night my max helps him before i can get there he rolls him over and helps him up
    Kennel cough usually runs its course in a couple of weeks. Also unless recently vaccinated, the other dog would have come down with Kennel cough by now. Sounds like there is a secondary bacterial infection in the lungs for reasons unknown. If it were my dog, I'd be asking for an ultrasound or other diagnostics now.

It sounds like it could be a reverse sneeze. My Sierra does this once in a great while. I've heard it could be from allergies.

It would hurt to give a call to your vet.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome