Thread: Livius :(

Livius :(

On December 30, 2008 I came home from my grandpa's funeral in Saskatchewan (where I was for a week) and went into my room to check on Livius, Felix and Erin, whom my little cousin was feeding and checking up on for me while I was away.

Livius was in a separate tank because he was becoming progressively ill due to somethings I have no idea what they were and the strange looking white bubble-like growth below his lip.

When I looked in his tank, he was on his side at the bottom. I shook the tank a bit to see if he was just resting/sleeping/whatever, but he didn't move. Then I saw that his gills were wide open and not moving. I quickly ran out of my room and wouldn't go back in.

I couldn't believe Livius, my first Betta was dead. I was amazed at how upset I was. I never thought I could grow attached to a fish. What I think I miss is his presence. He was the best fish ever. He would follow my fingers around the tank all the time.

My little cousin forgot to feed them one day so she "fed them more" the next day so I assume he got fed too much and/or a combination of that and the fact that he was ill.

Anyway... I can't believe this is so long. But rest in peace, Livius. I hope you are once again healthy.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I'm so sorry about Livius, he was indeed a beautiful colored betta!

May he rest in peace. (L)

What a gorgeous betta Livius is.
    I'm sorry about your loss, its crazy how attached you can get to a fish, eh? I would have never thought that before I shared my life with some of my own.

RIP Livius