Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official...

It's official...

I am now a columnist/staff writer for an online local newspaper. I will write a (pet of the week) column, placing adoptive pets in to their new, furrever homes. I will also write stories about animal care, animal rights, and anything that has to do with animals.

My editor asked me to come up with a catchy name for the column. I tried to come up with a name that would be dedicated to Chance, the lone surviving kitten (now a grown cat) of Jay Baldwin's wrath. How does, "Take a CHANCE on Me!" sound??

Looking for suggestions.

Marie (my editor) has given me carte blanche to write whatever I'd like. Imagine...having fun and getting PAID FOR IT!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Congratulations!! Sounds like you snagged a great job.

I like the title you suggested. I'm the worst when it comes to thinking up names for anything.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

I know Chance and Change aren't the same, but how about Change The World? Catchy and it plays into the fact that by adopting an animal you are changing the world for at least that animal, and many more to come by extension?
    I've Been Frosted

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! No one better than you for this job!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Karen,

You might have something there!! I've emailed my editor. Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

My first column is going to be an interview with the ACO of Mansfield. I have an interview with her tomorrow at 3:00. It's going to be a Q&A with a picture of Noranne. I just had a great idea! How about the ACO story WITH her holding an adoptable animal, with the pet's story.

Gotta go! Need to email my editor again!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

How exciting!!

Looking forward to your first article

Go to www.Mansfield.patch.com My first article will be in the 27th (Saturday). My editor wants me to do the combo article (Cat/dog and ACO).

Got it bookmarked - thanks

This is wonderful news. Congrats and good luck.

How about "Chances Are", Donna? Whatever you decide, it sounds like a dream job and one that you're well suited for. Good for you, girl!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Congrats and good luck Donna!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I had a wonderful interview with Noranne Nielsen, the Mansfield ACO. Fabulous lady with a big heart!! I also featured a cat up for adoption. "Velvet", a HUGE black DMH cat with double paws in the front. He was great! Purred like a steam engine. The whole interview took an hour and I got alot of great information from her. Did you know there is no animal control in the Netherlands or Germany because their animals are kept totally indoors. The worship their animals and they are part of the family. We could learn alot from Europe. Declawing is outlawed in Europe.

I believe the article will be in 11/28 www.mansfield.patch.com

How exciting!!! Congrats to you. I'm sure you will have a ton of fun!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Congrats! That's awesome!

Someday I'd love to have a job like that...as it is, I'll stick to controlling the lifestyles section of my school paper. I can dream, right?
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

JuniorxMyxLove,

Never say never!! I've been looking for a job like the one I got. It is my dream job. I'm able to write, which is my trade and passion. I'm also able to help out pets looking for a forever home.

The cat that will be featured in my first column will be Velvet. He's a beautiful solid black 12 year old Maine Coon/Turkish Angora mix who was abandoned by his owners in an empty house. A concerned neighbor called the ACO. He's being treated for a URI and will have his teeth cleaned before going to his new home.

My first "Take a CHANCE On Me" pet will be a dog. I'd like to try and place an older pets, as kittens and puppies ALWAYS get homes.