Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my goodness...I've raised a fat cat [Felix pictures!]

Oh my goodness...I've raised a fat cat [Felix pictures!]

So basically Felix is a BEAST. Lexi was a solid 9 lbs when she was last at the vet, and he's much much heavier than her. And still growing. -_- He's not even a year old yet! After much counting and adding and subtracting, we've estimated his birthday to be in June, which is right when our other babies are - Gypsy was born June 6 and Lexi was born June 13 I'm thinking Felix's "birthday" will be June 8, cause we christened him Felix on the 8th hahaha.

ANYWAYS...this is what happens when Felix discovers the prime sleeping spot - the top of Pepsi's cage. Usually they take turns, but I guess Lexi wasn't having any of that last night.

Felix napping before:

And then...BAM

REALLY?

*sigh* whatever.

ZOMG LOOK AT HOW FAT HE IS! He's bigger than my chunky monkey Lexi!

aaaand...right back to sleep.

Just in case anyone missed him And sorry I keep disappearing from the board - but school gets out in like 38 days and once that happens you'll have your fill of me and my fur babies
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Your babies are beautiful, and they have nice matching colors

Why do you say Felix is fat? I don't see it in the pictures. I would say he is a big boy, but not fat (although he should be lean for a 1 year old kitty).

Kisses to your kitties

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Fat and happy!! Nothing wrong with that.

They're both beautiful.......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Fat!!!
    Felix is a bit stunned by that , the Found Cats say
    In more diplomatic terms plush, well uphostered and grand ceratianly are nicer terms.
    What a Dtnamic Duo of Furry Purries you have as Cat Companions
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    Your babies are beautiful, and they have nice matching colors

Why do you say Felix is fat? I don't see it in the pictures. I would say he is a big boy, but not fat (although he should be lean for a 1 year old kitty).

Kisses to your kitties
    I know - they're twins! Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which when they go running past.

He's a big boy, and I mean that in the nicest way possible - I looove his big belly! He has a LARGE belly. I wish I had a picture that encompassed his wide girth...but he is very very big. I guess I've just gotten used to my petite little girlies all of these years! (Felix is technically our first male in 10 years and we always have slender kitties)

I understand what you mean. Peppito is also pretty big (tall and large), and if you're used to small/normal size kitties you will find him huge His mom was very small. When we adopted him at 3 months he was already almost as big as his mom

I have always thought Felix was a most handsome cat, and these picture reimforce that idea very well. Fat? Nah.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    I understand what you mean. Peppito is also pretty big (tall and large), and if you're used to small/normal size kitties you will find him huge His mom was very small. When we adopted him at 3 months he was already almost as big as his mom
    Hah! Felix was a scrawny little thing when we got him, but that was probably because he was infested with fleas & living in a wheelbarrow because as soon as he was healthy, he started packing on the pounds (and hasn't stopped since).

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I have always thought Felix was a most handsome cat, and these picture reimforce that idea very well. Fat? Nah.
    aww, thanks!

I just see him next to Gypsy, lookin' like this:

And I can't help but go WOWZA FAT! It probably doesn't help that right now his butt is about 1" taller than his shoulders, making him just a very awkward and clumsy kitty all around. But I love him He's my buddy - he's also learned how to play fetch.

Great pictures of two wonderful, beautiful cats!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

See, I'm just the opposite. I'm used to having a big kitty. Taz was 21.5 lbs at his heaviest. So Paizly always looks sooo teeny to me and she's almost 2. I think she weighs less than 10lbs.

Personally I think Felix looks just right! You can tell how big he is in the picture of him and Gypsy though. But he doesn't appear to be TOO heavy. And with a face like that, who cares how big he is?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

They're beautiful and happy! Please give them some pets from me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Felix sure is growing into a very handsome cat. Males are usually much larger than females but don't let my Ziggy know this. I don't think he's fat at all. My Pearl is a petite 9lbs, Storm is my longest and largest cat and is 14.1lbs, Sky is probably 12-13lbs, and my youngest cat Ziggy Stardust,who is a female, is most likely 15-16lbs and I think she's still growing. She's as large as Sky but much heavier and she'll be 4 in June.

I think he looks great. If you want Mutt & Jeff try Bart at 26 lb (about 12 years old) and Penny at 8 lb (almost 3 years old). Penny just adores Bart and he her. They love to snuggle on the bed. All you see is this big orange fluff ball with a small black and brown spot tucked into him. The oposite cornners of the sig. picture.
    GILL & Crew;

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    See, I'm just the opposite. I'm used to having a big kitty. Taz was 21.5 lbs at his heaviest. So Paizly always looks sooo teeny to me and she's almost 2. I think she weighs less than 10lbs.

Personally I think Felix looks just right! You can tell how big he is in the picture of him and Gypsy though. But he doesn't appear to be TOO heavy. And with a face like that, who cares how big he is?
    Our last big big kitty was Mitch, and he died probably in 2002. Cole was our last male, but I don't think he ever really got over 6 lbs...he was a SKINNY cat (in spite of our efforts, haha).

Thanks everyone He really does have a loveable face - I just wish he wasn't such an evil mastermind bahaha.

I'm just SO amazed at how fast he's grown...here he was, the teeny thing we rescued [excuse the mess...we kitten proofed it right after this photo]:

He had NO belly then - and since we got him it hasn't stopped growing! hahaha.

Awww, what a kissable face he had on the baby picture