Thread: Cat condo's....

Cat condo's....

Hi, do any of you have a sisal cat condo. I have been using the carpeted ones forever and they seemed to last a long time until.....I adopted Autumn. She is very, very hard on them and the carpet comes apart way to quickly and they are not cheap. I've been thinking of getting her a sisal cat scratcher, not a condo. Just a small maybe 3 ft tall one, she will not be able to sit on it, just scratch it. I'm tired of spending money on the carpeted ones and they don't even last a year.

I would like to know if anyone has one and if they last longer than carpeting and does your kitty like it. Thanx.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I have both and yes the sisal would last longer. You could also just buy a roll of sisal rope at Home Depot or some place similar. Then you could wrap it around the area that's torn up and either staple it, glue it, or just tie it on the old cat condo or post. I had to do this to some of the legs of my cat tree where my cats had really scratched it to death. Good luck.

krazyaboutkatz's idea is a good one. You should see mine..... the one I took the carpet off of and wrapped the sisal rope on. Caramella has tore that rope UP, and she is only about 17 months old! I have had sisal rope things in this house for my babies for years and it got "used well" but never like what Caramella has done to it... She has shred it!

I have a friend that has just wrapped sisal rope around a board for her cats along with having it on their cat tree. She just throws the sisal covered board on the floor and they use it..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks for you ideas ladies but I'm not artistic in any way and Autumn would probably eat the glue if that is what I used. I will just buy my first sisal scratcher in the near future and hopefully she will like and use it.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."