Thread: Mikey came to work with me today ;)

Mikey came to work with me today ;)

As some of you know, I got a job at Camp Bow Wow a little before Christmas and I haven't updated about it since I told you I got hired. Well, I passed my 'trial' period within three days. My Boss and co-workers are really cool and this job is everything I could have hoped it to be. I just LOVE the dogs. LOVE them! I am just so happy to be out of six flags and working with dogs.

Okay so anyway, long story short, I asked my boss if I could take Mikey with me to work. She said of course if he gets along with other dogs. I was gonna start taking him next week, but my mom went to the ER and stayed overnight at the hospital last night and Mikey would have been home ALL day alone. So I took him and he was SO good except for a little nipping at one dog. I took some pictures and figured since I haven't posted pics in awhile I'd put some up.

my happy little camper..this was the first play yard he was put in. He was with two dogs who he really liked, a lab mix and a greyhound mix.

This was the second play yard he was in. He was in with the medium sized psycho pups. This group plays an awful lot. He loved the little brown dog, Brownie, who also happens to be up for adoption (). One of the bigger dogs, Sugar, was nipping at him to play and he went after her a few times. It was his first day, so I am sure he was just a bit overwhelmed. He was great after awhile though. I think he had a great time

Naptime in his cabin I'm not sure how much he liked that!

Thanks for looking guys! Mikey is DEAD asleep right now haha.
    Last edited by Alysser; 03-05-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Wow, what fun Mikey had today! He sure doesn't look happy in his cabin! Toshi is a nice looking dog. I hope he finds a home soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sounds like you both had a great day! Toshi is gorgeous, I am sure he'll get a home soon!
    I've Been Frosted

What an awesome job to have! I'm so jealous, haha

I hope Mikey continues to do well so you can continue bringing him with you

hehe, I was only teasing a little when I asked if you would get to take Mikey to work with you. Good thing you can, though! Looks like he had a good day.

I hope your mom is okay!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Mikey was tired out from playing with all the dogs. He's very cute. I also hope your mom is ok.

Hi, Mikey! hughughughughug!

Mikey doesn't look too happy about nap time in his cabin

Toshi is beautiful!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lucky you get to take your dog to work. It looks like he had fun. Toshi is cute but doesn't look one bit shiba. They're about the height of a cocker spaniel and all of 25 pounds with short legs and a short circular face. I'm looking at a lab and a husky in Toshi's picture. If our local dog daycare did care in the night shift I might use it for Autumn, but still would insist she mix with other dog while I'm not around. Until then I drive half an hour out of my way to bring her to my mom's.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Oh, I saw on FB that you took him and I'm just getting here to see the pictures. Boy he does NOT like being in that cabin.

That's great that he did so well. Then he can come more often.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That is so cool. I always wished I had a job I could take Casey with me when she was alive. Does Mikey get cuter every time I see a pic of him? He is so adorable.

Thanks for the comments guys! He went back again today and did MUCH better. I am really lucky with the way this job worked out, seriously. It's just another one of the crazy times I actually got lucky with jobs I love that I am able to take him to work whenever I want.

Irescue, I see alot of Shiba in him. Maybe he's not pure, he looks a little small for a Shiba..could be Jindo too.

He may be cute, but he's still a little stinker..

Oh and as for my mom, she's came home on Sunday! I should have posted that I guess Her heart was racing, she said when she got to the ER it was 115 and the norm is 60-70. I don't really know what happened, they took a stress test and everything but found nothing. But she's fine so that's all that matters!