Thread: Enjoying the new pet bed!

Enjoying the new pet bed!

I am SURE I found this here on PT; but I for the life of me can NOT find the original post!!

I came across this, instructions to make a pet bed - NO SEWING just tie tags. Very easy.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236744.0

There are quite a few photos in that link, as different people made one up and shared their work.

I found it confusing in the tutorial as to how to do the ties, so a friend worked it out for me:

This is how to tie the tags:
    You do tie one 'tag' from the top circle to the 'tag' directly below it on the bottom circle. Tie using a square knot (left over right and under, right over left and under). Make sure you tie it right at the base of the tag (although she is right you have to be careful not to pull to much or the material will tear). There should not be any gaps between your knots.

Joanne Fabrics had a sale and polyfill was half price (Jan 15 to 23). I found both pieces of fleece in the remnants bin; one piece was 1 and 1/8 yards, the other was 1 and 5/8 yards. I decided to use them as is (the instructions call for 2 pieces of about a yard each). I already knew I wanted a rectangle, not a circle. Well, I ended up with a bed large enough for a Great Dane! [] Other than that, it is fine! I needed 2 bags of polyfill for this (they are 24 ounce bags). That was $6, and the fleece ran another $6. Not bad for $12!

Tuppence had been enjoying the bed; she was purring the entire time:

Sparkle also enjoys the new bed, seen her like this quite often:

Took this one with no flash. That is Tasha; she has NOT tried the new bed, it has been out over a week now.

Sparkle tried to take over and soon found herself with a bunk mate!

That is Sugar who got in with her. I've also seen Chaplin in it several times.

That is so cool! Yes, there is a post here somewhere with instructions. I have wanted to try this but haven't gotten the material yet. Love the material you got. Your Tuxedo kitty looks so pretty on that bed.

I think they all love it because they know you made it for them.

Tuppence certainly loves her Red Bed , and certainly that Red Bed shows off her coloring!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I think these beds are so cool - inexpensive and simple too. I'm going to pick up some fabric and fill when I go shopping and give it a try.

That bed isn't all that big Sandie. I'd rather have it big than too small, and the size that you made allows for a lot of snuggle room.

Looks like most of your crew approves of the new bed!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Wasn't it Lut who posted about making some beds like these, including lots of photos, not very long ago? I don't remember the title of that thread, though.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Here is the link to the original thread; I went searching for it after my curiosity got the better of me... LOL
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...t-bed-tutorial

I really do need to make one (or more) of these. My babies need a new bed or two. I just may have to get this done sooner rather than later after seeing just how much all of the PT pets are enjoying them!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

That's IT! Thank you Crystal, I looked and looked but could not find the original post.

I'm glad that your cats/dogs are enjoying their new bed. With having the ties, I'd be worried that some of my cats would try to chew them. Alani is a big chewer and is still very destructive with many things. I've only made the beds that you have to sew called the cat condom beds. I also make them larger because I have big cats.

Awww, Tuppence! Don't you look sweet on the new bed! Hi, Tasha and hi, bunk-mates Sugar and Sparkle!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a cute bed! It looks comfy too. And pretty easy to make and inexpensive. I'll have to try this for Snow, so she stops taking up all of MY bed.