Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catball

Catball

Last night when I could no longer take the tension of the baseball game on T.V., I went upstairs to see what the E's were doing. They have invented a game of thier own called Catball (although no balls are actually used.)

The game begins with an inspection of the playing court

followed by a bow to the audience and each other (an Asian influence)

Let the games begin!

It's a melee. It is spilling out of the playing field!

Is it a game ending hug????? or?????

*LOL*
    Edwina has airplane ears!!! ha ha ha!!!

Great pictures!! Looks like they were having fun playing on each sides of the door!!

and the game ending hug... magnificent... *encore*encore*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I love it, Sara!!! They are interacting, and actually playing with each other!!! Was there no blood shed???? Mimi came in, sporting a huge slash across her nose the other day.......me thinks that it was Butter, although the others blamed it on some critter that she was pursuing.

Hope you don't have to deal with any "slashes" on either of them!!!!

Looks like the "E's" finally are good friends
    SUPER, Sara!! And, thanks for these funny pics

Has the beautiful, but frosty Miss Edwina finally melted?

Great pics. Glad to see your two E's are finally getting on!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

My cats do that too except Max doesn't consider it "playing". He really tries to swipe Specks and there certainly ain't no hugging going on...

Glad to see they are getting on OK, finally....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

This is a historic moment!!! One we have all been waiting for with bated breath. Friends at last - Isn't that wonderful!!

The second and third are SO cute, but this one takes the prize!

I predict a lot of fun in your house in the near future and rugs being moved around!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

This post is so great!

First of all there's the comment "...I went upstairs to see what the E's were doing." This indicates that finding out what the cats are doing is far more entertaining than TV and anything it might possibly have to offer.

Secondly, there are all the great pictures! I don't know how you got those Sara! T & P would have been way too distracted by me and that would have broken up the game. But ok, back to analyzing the pictures. In the first one, Edwina is actually facing the other way, as if she doesn't know that Eddie is checking the playing field. Then, in pics 2-4, she doesn't move, but Eddie goes from taking bows to taking his position in the field. Seeing as how Edwina is at bat, in picture 5 she swings! Must have been a hit because in pic 6, she's running the bases, and look at Eddie's face! It's like he can't believe she's on base - that was supposed to be a strike! Look at Edwina's tail in picture 7 - it' straight up in the air! "A strike indeed basement boy, I'll show you a strike! You wanna see a strike?" Thus, picture 8 where the strike is demonstrated....and then the game ending hug!

Thirdly, I love that their is a cat toy hung from the mirror. Shows this house belongs to the cats - not the humans - and that is really a cat toy holder, not a mirror.

And last but not least, it looks like Edwina is actually enjoying herself! And Eddie is too!!! We don't have any hateful looks or anybody slinking off in fear, just two kitty kats playing together. And that is a wonderful site! It only took 4 months, not bad considering how adamant Edwina was at first that Eddie just was not going to stay. Now we'll just have to wait for the next step, the happy pile of kitties sleeping it off after the game ending hug.

T & P used to do this too, and it was so cute. Their paws fit under the bathroom door, and since Tubby always had to come in the bathroom with me, I'd often see Peanut's little paws reaching under the door, then he'd go over and bat at them, and she'd be reaching and curling up her little toesies and it was just too darn cute. Great pictures Sara! And thank goodness the game wasn't a blow out or you wouldn't have gotten these pictures for us all to enjoy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

A sight for sore eyes.

It is so good to see them playing together, and that last picture is just wonderful!!

Re: Catball

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I love Eddie's expression in this pic.

Great to see them playing!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Great pictures. I'm happy to see they've taken their cohabitation to another level.

If the two E's can play together surely Ripley and Scout can some day.

Inspiration!!

From Decker with Love

I like how the play fighting can begin with a civilised Asian ritual of respect, a bow and THEN I'M GONNA SHUT YOU IN THAT DOOR AND SQUISH YOU!!!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I'm glad they are getting along and playing together.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana