Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am Ticked!!!!

I am Ticked!!!!

My fiance's friends have a female cat who just had kitten. By their size I would say they are about four weeks. Well the momma and babies all have colds. The momma seems ok, but the babies have at least one eye crusted over and one of the babies has two crusted over. You know what they're going to do about it????? NOTHING!!!!!! I am so ticked at them right now. They are so irresponsible.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well, there's no time like the present to start teaching them. Maybe they've never learned how to take care of animals?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I AM TICKED,TOO,AS THOSE LITTLE KITTENS,ARE AT A VERY DANGEROUS STAGE,IN THIER LIFE,WHERE THEY ARE VERY FRAGILE.THATS TERRIBLE,FIRST THAT IDIOT DOES NOT HAVE HER CAT SPAYED,AND NOW,SHE IS IGNORING THE KITTENS,ITS A SHAME,THAT THESE POOR LITTLE ONES,HAVE TO HAVE A PINHEAD,AS A GUARDIAN.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by kuhio98
    Well, there's no time like the present to start teaching them. Maybe they've never learned how to take care of animals?
    I have been trying to teach them what to do. You know take a warm washcloth (per my vets advice) and wipe the cold off their eyes and even offered to get the antibotics and show them how to feed it to the kittens. They just say no that it will pass. What is worse they have no intentions of getting momma spayed.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Can you intercede and take the mamma and her kittens? I know it is harsh but these people are a danger to those kittens and mamma. Mamma needs to be spayed the more times she goes into heat and the more times she has babies the more chances she has of developing cancer. Also if those babies go untreated it could mean their sight or worse. if you can't step in yourself then can you get a non-kill shelter or a rescue to help?

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Originally posted by kittycats_delight
    Can you intercede and take the mamma and her kittens? I know it is harsh but these people are a danger to those kittens and mamma. Mamma needs to be spayed the more times she goes into heat and the more times she has babies the more chances she has of developing cancer. Also if those babies go untreated it could mean their sight or worse. if you can't step in yourself then can you get a non-kill shelter or a rescue to help?
    Unfortunately I can't. Lee Roy and I offered to take them last night and they won't let us. I've called our local rescue to see if they can maybe help them, but when they called Lee Roy's friends they refused. I just don't know what to do except sneak in and steal them.

How can they refuse a rescue? Isn't the rescue there to help the cats not ask the owners permission? If the cats are not be treated right or being neglected as the lack of vet care would suggest for the little one and the refusal to spay mom would suggest aren't the rescues suppose to step in and remove the animals from a potentially dangerous situation? Maybe I am dreaming but I thought that was the purpose of an animal rescue. And I guess you could steal them. Sneak them out under your coat or whatever. I think I would have some bad friends made real quick. I just don't think I could leave without taking them and getting them the medical attention they need. But then again I can be a little over the top sometimes. A few years back I caught a couple of guys shooting pellets at a cat who wouldn't run away as she had babies she was protecting. I managed to catch one of the guys I am not the fastest runner but I kinda lost it and when he got away from me he had a broken nose.

OOOPS...like I said I can be a little over the top sometimes.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Something has to be done for those poor babies!!! How can people be so cruel!!! Please keep us updated on what happens and their progress, they must be stolen if necessary.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I am ticked!!!!

.... and I am too! This is a prime example of people who should NOT be permitted to have any kind of pet. Their neglect and cruelty is bad enough but what makes me see red is their complete and total indifference to giving mommy and her babies the proper care they need and deserve. And then to refuse help and experienced guidance when it's offered! This is so wrong!!!!! When I'm not sure of something with Groucho, I know I can come to Pet Talk for answers and excellent advice. Not seeking answers isn't fair to Groucho. Something MUST be done to save mommy and her babies! Does the local police department have an animal cops unit? I've seen them on Animal Planet and they are pretty tough on those who don't properly care for their animals. Just a thought. Please let us know what happens? For the kitties.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

WELL I'D TRY THE S.P.C.A., DETROIT'S ALWAYS ON ANIMAL PLANET...
    IF THAT DIDN'T WORK THOSE WOULD BE SOME DISAPPEARING CATS!!
    HEY, YOU TRIED THE 'LEGAL' CHANNELS SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

I would bug the crap out of them until they give in!!!

GOOD LUCK! Poor babies!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Plan so far...

I get my college check next week will more than cover the vet and the medicine. I'm going to see if they will let me take the runt who is the sickest to the vet and see what he says. He says he only needs to see one and he'll GIVE me enough meds for all of them as long as I pay for the office visit. So I'm going to have to wait to get my check next week so I have the $60.00 to take the baby to the doctor. I just hope they can hold on that long. Please keep these angels in your prayers. They don't deserve the treatment they're getting.

I am ticked!!!

Hi, Mina's Momma!
    Is there any news about those poor neglected kitties? I'm so hoping they're out of there or the owners have had an attitude adjustment.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Outside of turning them in, I don't know what else you can do.

How sad. It is neglect....abuse.

How frustrating!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

turn them in - if they don't like it TOUGH!