Thread: Lainie

Lainie

I just got this email from our local HS Volunteer Coordinator:

Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that we share the news with you that Lainie, one of our very special shelter cats, passed away last Friday, January 7th .

Lainie came to us in January 2009 as a senior cat in search of a forever home - who would have guessed that her home would be with us. Over the next 17 months she became part of the CAHS family, sharing an office with Yvette all the while working her way into the fabric of the shelter, until finally she consented for us to officially adopt her in May of 2010. If you have spent anytime in the lunch room in the past 8 months you have undoubtedly shared a meal with Lainie. She was free to roam throughout the staff area of the shelter but chose to spend the majority of her time in the lunchroom where she received lots of love and attention from volunteers and staff - as well as the occasional snack.

Lainie’s health had been deteriorating for the last few months and she suffered a health crisis on Friday which she could not recover from. Dr. Jody and another staff member were with her at the end.

Lainie will be missed by staff and volunteers alike and of course, by Norman, her feline companion.
    Lainie was a sweet, bony older girl - her hangout was the staff/volunteer room. Whenever I went in for my shift, I would stop in and give her a few pats. Once she was quite energetic, hopping out of her bed and up on the chair and table, purring and wanting more lovies!

I am so glad she got her furrever home where she did - loved, warm and fed - and could pass peacefully.

I'll miss our little pats and chats, Lainie. Be happy and young at the Bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

RIP Lainie. Have fun at the Bridge! I'm glad she had a safe place to live and plenty of visitors to see until the end.

RIP, sweet one, you were much loved.

Rest in peace, beloved Lainie. You have many friends to wait for at the Bridge!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lainie, I'm sure you'll be missed very much and, even though you didn't have a permanent home, you at least didn't die alone. You were such a pretty girl and it's easy to see why you were so loved. RIP, pretty one.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Farewell dear Lainie. Much loved you were.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Lainie you are such a Lucky Cat to have so many volunteers and friends to comfort you , and you have such a great experience having so many people to be Your Friend.
    There will be a Big Crowd of Porch Angels to meet you Lainie and take you to Paradise. Tonight in Cyrpus the will be a Big Beach Club Party , and you
    will have the honour of the first plate and the firsy blanket.
    You will have so many people to greet when your friends come to be with Our Awesome Angels Army.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS