Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby, it's cold outside!

Baby, it's cold outside!

We are having a "California Cold Snap" (honestly...there was an article in the newspaper about how to avoid hypothermia.... )

Last night before we went to dinner...(where we ate outside!) I made a nest for sweet Edwina.....

Its odd that theNorthern Parts ofor countries have had mild weather, while the West has had severe weather.
    JJJ3 wouldlike to come and visit his love HH Lady Edwina Rose.
    He would love to have HH Lady Edwina Rose join Our All Star Cat Pile Ups.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a wonderfully opulent nest you have there, sweet Edwina. I take it that your mummy STILL will not put on the heating!

Ehm ...... where was poor, freezing Eddie?

Dear Auntie Karen,

You understand, don't you? Blondie keeps telling me there is no furnace in the house...("It's California for goodness sake! Suck it up!" But why does she call me a pussycat????) Anyway...sometimes when she isn't home Curlie seems to find a funace to turn on....

Help......

Yours in central heating....

Eddie

Awe, Edwina, I can understand your dilema. It is rather cold here in CA. As I type, Taz is snoozing in a patch of sun.
    But at least your mommy made you a nice snuggly bed to cuddle up in.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Those colors certainly compliment your beauty dear Edwina. How thoughtful of your meowmie to make a nest for you to cuddle up in to stay warm.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Edwina, you sure do know how to stay warm in style! Yes, it's cold in California! Right now the temp is "up" to 44. I didn't have the heart to make the bed today (nor the energy - it's a very lazy Sunday I'm having here) so the M's are snoozing in the sunbeams on flannel sheets and extra blankets. I think I'll go join them for a lazy Sunday afternoon nap. Nothing better than sunwarmed kitty fur!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Edwina, I think it was very sweet of your mummy to make you such a nice nest, and the colours are perfect for you! But where is Eddie? You know, if you cuddled up with him, you'd stay warm whatever the temperature!

In any case, go and show your mummy the termometer, and tell her that if it goes below 15 degrees Celcius inside, it's high time to put the heating on!

Kisses to you and Eddie. Stay warm!

Ps. Do you want me to send you a hot "water bottle"?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary

Anyway ...
    sometimes when she isn't home
    Curlie seems to find a funace to turn on ...

Help......
    Yours in central heating....
    Eddie
    Hey Eddie ~

*Watch* what Curlie does ... ya gotta *find* that lil DIAL Thingy on the wall ...
    two pawz & turn to the right otta get you HEAT!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Tee hee hee.... When I turn on the little space heater in my bedroom, Zerlina sometimes plants herself in front.

Global warming, my butt!

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Miss Edwina....could you find it in your royal heart to allow Eddie to snuggle up and share warmth?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You know, I was going to say something very sarcastic....then I watched the evening news. Seems you guys really do have something to complain about. 39 deg F??? No wonder you're cold.

You just tuck yourself in Mz Edwina and keep that little nosie warm tonight. I've checked my favourite website and it will zoom up to the 50's and 60's during the day for you tomorrow so not to worry.

What's that you say??? That's still too cold??? Ha!!!! I invite you up here. Tomorrow our high will be 37 deg F and it's supposed to snow tomorrow night and Tuesday morning. Any chance you could come up here and keep me warm????

Yours burrringly,
    Auntie Slick. xoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Its odd that theNorthern Parts ofor countries have had mild weather, while the West has had severe weather.
    You're right about the weather. i'm in Pennsylvania, above Philadelphia, and it's just been rainy and warm. I'm totally ticked off!! I want snow!!! We get snow days off at school (I'm a teacher), and if we don't use them, we lose them! So not fair, lol. I just love getting that phone call at 5am, telling me we're off, and then I can go back to sleep happily!

By the way, this picture is fantastic! Gary, you take some of the most awesome pics of your kitties!!!

Edwina and Eddie,
    You have it made. At least your purrents turn on the heater for you. Our meowmie won't even do that. She just wears extra clothes to stay warm and expects us to deal with it. Luckily we live in a condo in between floors so it's warmer than a big cold house. We try to stay in meowmies bedroom because it's warmer in there and most of us have been sleeping with her at night. We hope it warms up soon.

KAK's Furkids

Here in Oregon we have weather that's below freezing! Which hardly ever happens, really. We've had snow on the ground for over a week now, when a few years ago we would have been lucky to have a few flakes for one day.
    I mean, an inch of snow would cancel school and even a lot of stores around here! We now have nearly three inches (which is a HUGE amount here) and it's not going away!

...not that I'm complaining, though ^^

Echo has been busy burrowing underneath blankets and rugs when we have the heat down (we put it down to 60 to save on energy and gas bills) and Clover has taken a liking to my dad, since his room is the warmest in the house.

Edwina looks beautiful so elegant in her cozy blankets! I wish I were her, lucky lady!

^Boyfriend^.....^Me!^...............^Clover^...... ........^Echo^