Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is definitely friday the 13th....

Today is definitely friday the 13th....

Ok, so I bought this giggle ball through a catalog. I'd had it for a couple of weeks, Nebo just loved it. It has an opening to put treats, and you can make the opening bigger or smaller for the size of the treat. I put dog treats in there and he'd just roll it around and it'd make noise which he of course thought was great.

This morning Nebo was just playing with his toys scattered about as usual, and I was headed down the stairs to get some clothes. I heard a couple of yelps then my mom started yelling for me. I ran up stairs......Nebo was in a complete state of panic....he had somehow gotten his bottom jaw stuck in the hole in the ball!

My mom tried to hold him down, and he was literally just SCREAMING! I'm freaking out of course, and I can't pull the darn thing off.....It took me at least 5 minutes to coax the thing off of him. I was afraid we were going to have to rush him to the vet in our pajamas and have it sawed off or something!

His mouth was bleeding and cut (it's better now)...I bet that was rather painful...my poor tramatized baby. I felt so bad for him I had to take him to work with me and buy him some treats of course.

Here's the product.....I'm sure there's other toys with holes similar to this one......of course, not every dog would stick their jaw in and get it stuck but just be careful.

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ctID=2807&AS=1

Oh No!! Poor Nebo baby. I'm glad you were able to get the dang thing off and that Nebo is going to be ok. I have something similiar for Cisco and will def. keep him supervised while playing with it. Thanks for the warning!
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Ouch! Poor Nebo. I would have been in a state of utter panic! And if anybody else could get a body part stuck in it, it would be Chester! Hope he's feeling better.

We have one, but thankfully non of our dogs have gotten "stuck" in it (yet, anyway!) Nebo, you silly boy!

Poor Nebo!! Thanks for the heads up! Poor Nebo had to find out the hard way

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Yikes, Poor Nebo!! That does sound rather hurtful!! Thanx for the heads up on this product!!!

i am hoping dear nebo is doing better. many years ago, we got a plastic ball (for cats) for my love bird... and she destroyed the ball and her head was stuck in it! my dad had to somehow took it out... that was many years ago...
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Oh, Nebo, sweetheart! I am soooo sorry to hear this! I hope your mouth gets better, Nebo!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

ooohh poor sweetie! bleeding and everything! aww! well im glad you got the thing off him, poor nebo! Good to here he is ok now to! give him a little kiss for me!

Thanks for letting us know, that's good to know. Poor Nebo! My doggies have a toy like that.

While we are on the accident subject, I should share one. A few years ago, Rosco's collar got somehow attached to my dad's dog's (Joe a boxer) collar. They are both nice dogs, but they were stuck together, so they freaked out. They were attacking eachothers faces and we had a heck of a time getting in there to unattach them. It wound up being a huge bloody mess. Rosco was wearing a cloth collar with a metal buckle, Joe was wearing a pinch collar.

After that, I got Rosco a collar that has those plastic break away attachments. One time, he was trying to get over the fence, and it got stuck on the fence. It DID NOT break away like it was supposed to. I found Rosco hanging.

Jeez, as I am typing this, it just dawned on me that poor Rosco had the worst luck. I miss that poor guy.

Anyways, I do not put collars on my dogs now. I just make sure my backyard is secure. I put the collars on just for walks. Once we get to the park, I take Roxy's collar off (because I know she'll never run away) before she plays with Dusty.

Awww, poor Nebo. Glad to hear that he's ok. The hole looks so small, I can't imagine how in the world he got his self stuck

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh my Amy! You must have been shaking so badly. I would have been for sure! I am so glad you were able to get it off poor Nebo. That must have hurt and frightened him so badly. Give him a hug from me!

Tonya your story is just awful. My condolences to you on the loss of your Rosco. We had a similar thing happen many years ago. I had a standard poodle and a miniature then too, Whitney and Ashley. One day while playing I heard an awful yelping sound. I ran into the other room and Ashley (mini) had gotten her lower jaw stuck under Whitney's collar and she was hanging from Whitney's neck! Fortunately we were home and freed her immediately but I shudder to think what would have happened if we weren't. Their collars were removed right then and there and were only put on for walks, etc. after that. I do have collars on Bella and Ripley and it worries me a little, but my Ripley was brought to the shelter as a stray and the one time he got out he was very hard to catch up with. I am so afraid of not having a collar on him. My husband, on the other hand, hates having them wear collars and didn't want any future dogs to wear them but ultimately relented. This post has made me re-think the whole thing. I think from now on I will take their collars off while we are at work. Amy, thank you for your warning about the giggle ball and Tonya thank you for sharing your story. I know it brought back some painful memories. It woke me up a little and I am grateful!

Aww! Poor little baby!
    Hope Nebo feels better! Give Nebo a hug for us.
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

Poor Nebo. How scary for him, and you! Hope everything is ok with him now?

Oh Nebo, you silly boy!! I hope your mouth is feeling better

Thank God you were there to free him from the ball--such silly things these dogs do!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada