Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member with Pics!

New Member with Pics!

Hello Everyone,

I just joined today and look forward to meeting many of you! I posted in health but I thought I would introduce you to my Russian Blue kitten Nakita. She will be 6 months old next week and I've had her for 2 months.

She's still growing into her ears!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

How do you attach more than one photo at a time?

Here's another one.

WOW is she ever cute but she does look like she has the potential to get into mischief if given the opportunity

Here's the last one, since I'm not sure why the photo is not showing and you have to download it!

Last one:

Welcome Russian Blue!!! Nakita is an absolute doll!! I love those ears and inquisitive eyes!! Do tell us about her, and also...you'll come to find out that we just LOVE pictures!! Keep 'em coming! Again, welcome and give your baby some scritchies for me!

oooooooh! She sure is gorgeous!!! What a pretty, pretty kitty! I rather like her ears....they remind me of my Basie!

Welcome to Pet Talk! Do you have any other pets?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

What a beautiful grey kitten !!!

Welcome to Pet Talk! Nakita is gorgeous! She definately looks mischevious.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Welcome to Pet Talk Russian Blue! Nakita is a beautiful kitten and I love her name too.

Noah's Mommy, I think she and Basil would make a cute couple!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

10. I adore gray kitties! Those ears, those eyes! What a doll!

Oh, she so pretty!! What an adorable kitty.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

Welcome.

That is a very stunning kitty! Is that you only baby?

I was thinking, no one has a Russian blue around here? There are Tuxedo fans and Tabby and Aby fans. Fans of the orange cats and calicos and Meezers and many others. I've never heard any one speak of a Blue.
    I always wanted a Blue, but when I decided to adopt, I went to petfinder.com and first looked up Russian Blues. And what I found there was any gray colored kitty. A Russian blue has to have green eyes, mind you, I don't mind mixes, but none of them even resembled a Blue in body type. I wanted a sleek, lanky cat, with an oriental body type. So, I moved on the the Meezers. At least they looked like the breed.
    I am Mommy of Snowy (Siamese) Mr. Jones (tuxedo)

Nakita looks like a ton of fun! Please post many pictures.

Nakita and I thank everyone for the very *warm* welcome and comments! As I posted in Health, I'm anxiously waiting for Nakita to come out of her surgery for spaying. I'm seeing her after dinner, and then can bring her home tomorrow morning.

To answer some questions, Nikata is my only furbaby. This past summer I started renovating an old schoolhouse and the place seemed too quiet. So I picked her up after searching on the net.

For the muli-cat, pet owners on the board - how do you guys do it??? It seems like I'm running after Nakita all the time, never mind if there were 2 or 3 more Nakita's!!

As true to their breed, Nakita is a very loyal kitten. She usually follows me around to wherever I go. Also, she is quite the shoulder rider, but prefers my partners shoulders over mine (he's bigger!)

She is starting to shed her stripes (common in Russian Blue kittens) and is getting her double coat. She feels exactly like a silk scarf and her face is like suede (see attached pic). Also, as you can see in the earlier picture her eyes are turning that amazing emerald green from the blue eyes she had at birth.

I had to wait 4 years to get a cat of my own, but with Nakita - it was well worth the wait! Now I wish I got a cat sooner!

All Creatures Great and Small - after I posted, I started to look around and figured out why my pics had to be downloaded. Thanks for offering to help out.

As a newbie to this board it's much appreciated!

Here's the last pic (for now!!)

rosethecopycat,

When my partner and I started to look for cat's I wanted something I was familiar with. I grew up with a Seal Point Siamese cat who lived to the ripe old age of 23!

I love Siamese, but wanted a calmer disposition. In our search, Russian Blues came up as a match. They are a less known breed with fewer breeders. I had to travel 4 hours to pick Nakita up since I really didn't want my cat "transported" by plane. We just lucked out that a breeder was pretty close to us.

I love all cats, and don't want to give the impression I only take on certain breeds. We look after a feral population of cats up at my cottage and hope to be more active in animal rescue in the future.

Again, thank you for your kind comments!

For the muli-cat, pet owners on the board - how do you guys do it??? It seems like I'm running after Nakita all the time, never mind if there were 2 or 3 more Nakita's!!
    First off, Welcome to Pet Talk!! You're kitten is so beautiful.

I find having two cats easier than owning one. But my two cats LOVE each other so they keep each other company. They spend a lot of time chasing each other and playing with each other that they have less time to cause too much trouble.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!