Thread: Kiko

Kiko

Kiko is a tiny grey poodle who belongs to my mom's next door neighbour in a condo building. When Kiko's mom has been away, or lately at a full time job, Mom has looked after Kiko, taking her out for pee times and feeding her.

Kiko's mom stopped by my mom's tonight. Kiko is over 17, has been falling out of her dog bed (which is floor level) and has lost control of her bowels and bladder. Her mom is taking her to the vet tomorrow night and Kiko will cross the Bridge and meet her poodle friend Midnight, the black poodle who predeceased her.

Kiko's mom is upset, but doesn't want Kiko to suffer. My mom told her she was doing a very courageous thing, and the right thing. My mom sounded very sad herself in the phone message she left me.

RIP sweet little Kiko. Midnight will greet you and show you all the best places to play, sun and eat.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    You lived a nice long life, and I'm certain that you were very loved and will be terribly missed. Play and run with Midnight, and all of the many new friends that you will meet at RB. RIP Kiko, and peace to your human and all others who loved you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Aww, what a sad time for your mom's friend and for your mom who loved Kiko too.
    She did live a long life, but still will be missed and morned. RIP Kiko.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Find peace, good health, and happiness over the Rainbow Bridge Kiko.

Dear Kiko, your mom will one day see you again. Until that time, know that you are loved always. To Kiko's mom, let your love for sweet Kiko and the happy memories of your pet help you get through these tough days.