View Poll Results: what do you think about owning a pit bull?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • they can be as sweet, gentle and loyal as any other dog

17 47.22%
  • they're dangerous and not to be kept as pets

0 0%
  • only a responsible owner should own one

18 50.00%
  • i have no comment

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pitbulls

pitbulls

hey everyone! i was just curious with your opinion on this.
    all last week, in french class, we've been looking at stories of dogs. one of the stories was describing the pit bull and how strong it is and the cases about it.
    i personally think they can be as kind, gentle and sweet as any other dog, but i'd like to know your opinion on this. plus, i needed an excuse to make a poll.
    this post is not meant to anger to anyone who owns or loves pit bulls.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I love pitbulls! I think they are the cutest dogs! I don't like the image that society puts out about them! I think that we need to look at the bigger picture, people. And the people who are destorying a great breed. They do not need to turn any dog mean and I feel that people need to stop being breedist!!!! (like sexest but hate a certain breed) If a golden retreiver bit someone tey porbly wouldn't report it. But thesecond a pit bull bite them they owuld report it. My science teacher is one of theose people who beleave god put animals on earth so that we as humans could benefetfrom them and so that ives us the right to treatthem theway we want to. She told me the other day that shegother dog just for protection she doesn't really like him and had him sent away for a month to havehim trained. She said she usually keeps him tied in the back yard exept at night when she brings him in and sets him loose in the house. I asked her is he destoryed thins andshe said no she just finds him a bother, I mean what are dogs good for? Well I've said more then my two sense.

Ashley
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 09-27-2002 at 06:02 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

i agree with what you said about the golden retriever and how nobody would report it. that's awful, how your teacher treats her dog!
    ps- you wrote sexIest instead of sexest.. lol

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

O I hate my teacher. She kills bugs all the time! Sorry I like buggies! Althought I run all the other way when they come near me.

PS: Thanx about the sexIest thing I can't speel.

Pit Bulls. My abosolute favorite breed. They have the beautiful block head, and muscular body. Very strong dog. their strength makes people assume they are killers, the owners make them into killers. THe owners are the only ones to blame. Assinine people train them to be aggressive, weather it be for protection [normally drug dealers] or to fight them for money. It's cruel and it's stupid.

A dog can only be as sweet as you train it to be. Any chihuha [sp?] could be just aggressive as a Pit Bull... But because of the Pit Bull's strength they can do more damage.

The whole reputation Pit Bulls have pisses me off so much. The media always picks for the bad thingys in people or animals. Just like if a rapper did something wrong, tehy would blow up aobut it. Befor i go into depth aobut my feelings, and start using innapropriate words, I'll stop here.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I agree with both #1 and #3. Pit Bulls can be great dogs, but if you get down to only responsible owners should own any dog! ( wouldn't that be an ideal world!)

Bull is 50 someodd lb. (and still growing) of mostly muscle and teeth and he gets beat up on a daily basis by a 10 lb. cat with no front claws and 3 teeth.

YOU tell me how mean he is. LOL

I agree pitbulls rap is unfairly bad!
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

I agree with 1 and 3 too. Pitbulls can be the sweetest dogs if the owner spends time with them. I'm not saying that they need more time then any other breed. But if the get loved and played with and socialized they will be just as sweet as any other dog. But if an owner abuses or ignores a pitbull they can get just as aggressive as any other dog in that situation. But pitbulls are such strong dogs that is why people are scared of them. Little dogs can be mean too if you abuse them and can bite and hurt you, but they can't overpower you the way a pitbull could. So that's why I agree with 1 and 3.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

REAL mean huh?

-rx bandits

I met a very sweet pitbull in the Petco parking lot the other night. Midori was in a car about three away from mine, and stuck her head out the window and was barking at me as I approached my car. Well, of course, I said, "Hey, pooch, this is a public parking lot, I can walk in it, silly!" I put my stuff in the car and went over to skritch her, as I could see her furiously wagging tail while she was barking. Her owner was in the car, and when I started petting her, he brought her out of the car so I could meet her! She had a black collar with silver "studs" on it, and her owner was a young man who some people might not have given a second glance to, thinking he was a "tough guy" but they were both quite nice!

Midori was 11 months old, very waggy, very much a busybody, and obviously loved. We had a discussion about the perception some people have of pitbulls, while she was wiggling, wagging, sniffing around, just trying to patrol the entire parking lot while wiggling and wagging. I though of you, KayAnn, you might have dog-napped this girl if her owner wasn't so obviously proud of her and loved her so! She was tan and had a darker stripe from her nose all the way to her tail, had that wide bully-grin, and a whip of a tail!

I didn't vote, but I think that EVERY dog needs to be raised carefully according to his or her temperment and breed. There ARE bad dogs, but that is rare. Just like there rae mentally ill people, I think there are mentally ill dogs. I feel sorry for them. But more often "bad dogs" are dogs raised to BE bad. Pitbull or poodle, it doesn't matter.

I LOVE American Pit Bull Terriers! They can be so sweet, and gentle, if trained right! I personally love Pit Bulls!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I agree with 1 and 2. My cousin has a pit bull and he just licks you to death. But they can be turned mean. Any dog can. I have an ankle bitter in Prince, yet my boxer would hand the key to a stranger. It just depends on the way the dog was raised. Who would guess that a dalmation would try to take someone's hand off? Blue did.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

Not ment to offend anyone

I strongly disagree with number 2. If you think that they should not be kept as pets then why should a golden retriever be abloud as pet? I tink people need to lighten up on the poor dogs. Its like me saying I think 5 year olds are dangerouse and feel you should not be aloud to "own" them because they could grow up and be abusive. The probliblty is slight, but think about it, it could happen. Sometimes I don't understand people, they dislike something because of a reputation it has. I mean look at Simba "the killer" pitbull mix. He just might kill you by sufacting you with his tounge Hee hee. What a sweetie! There were 3 pittbulls at our pound about a week ago. I had to ask to get them out they were just so pretty. All three were sweet, one was a 2 month old puppy, o was he adorable! I am a big lover of the pit bull. There so pretty and sweet. THey just need to be raised right.

Ash

Re: Not ment to offend anyone

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
    I strongly disagree with number 2. If you think that they should not be kept as pets then why should a golden retriever be abloud as pet? I tink people need to lighten up on the poor dogs. Its like me saying I think 5 year olds are dangerouse and feel you should not be aloud to "own" them because they could grow up and be abusive. The probliblty is slight, but think about it, it could happen. Sometimes I don't understand people, they dislike something because of a reputation it has. I mean look at Simba "the killer" pitbull mix. He just might kill you by sufacting you with his tounge Hee hee. What a sweetie! There were 3 pittbulls at our pound about a week ago. I had to ask to get them out they were just so pretty. All three were sweet, one was a 2 month old puppy, o was he adorable! I am a big lover of the pit bull. There so pretty and sweet. THey just need to be raised right.

Ash
    Hehehe.... I love you. And so does Simba!!!

-rx bandits

Re: Re: Not ment to offend anyone

Originally posted by Kfamr

Hehehe.... I love you. And so does Simba!!!
    Well what can I say? I'm in love with your pretty little Simba! ! O what a sweetie! Love you and Simab to!! I need some new pictures of him sometime btw.

You've just been licked. Give that to all the pitt bulls out there. Expesially Simba, Pork Chop and Smokey! What sweeties they all are!

Ashley