Thread: Cowboy

Cowboy

The manager at the shelter I work with had to let her boy go on Wednesday. His name was Cowboy and he was a Corgi. He turned 15 on Tuesday and went to the Bridge the very next day.
    Last Saturday, as Anne was getting ready to go to ARF for the big "free adoption" event, Cowboy collapsed. She thought he had suffered a stroke. On Tuesday she told me he was doing better. Then Thursday morning I got the email that she let him go.
    Here is part of her email: He had a tumor on his spleen that was cutting off the his flow of oxygen. He had had a check up in March and was ok, my vet said it was a tumor that when it took off it spread like wild fire. The lack of oxygen is probably what caused what I thought was a mild stroke on Saturday. What a brave little guy he was, now I have another guardian angel to look after me, how lucky can I get.

I just wanted to give him a memorial thread, because Anne means so much to me and I know she is hurting, even though she knows he is at peace.
    If I get a good amount of responses I'll send her a link to this thread. Thank you.

RIP Cowboy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear this. Cowboy sounds like a wonderful dog and he had a great life with you. You did the unselfish act by letting him go. Now he's pain free and playing happily at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Cowboy. Cindy is a great friend for starting this memorial thread about him. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Such a sad story. Awwww.

Rest In Peace Cowboy You sound like a great doggie and I hope you're having alot of fun playing at the bridge.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Such a sad story, especially for me right now. It just hits too close to home.

RIP Cowboy. Run and play at RB - strong and healthy once again.

Thank you Cindy for posting this. I'm sure that Anne knows, even more now, what a wonderful and caring person that you are. We should all be so lucky to have a friend like you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you so much you guys. This means so much to me and it will also to Anne. I'm going to try to show her today while I'm at ARF.

I thought I would mention one other things about Cowboy. Anne had Cowboy and his little sister, Tucker, certified as therapy dogs. They have their very own business cards with their picture on it. I'll have to grab another one today and scan it in for you to see.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Rest in peace, Cowboy,
    Your pain and struggle are over
    Your legacy of love is secure
    Your pawprints forever imprinted
    On so, so many hearts and minds
    Run free now, whole again, at the Rainbow Bridge
    Carefree and young again
    Butterflies to chase
    And know that someday
    You'll be reunited with Anne
    Until that day, watch over her from heaven
    As you always did wile here on Earth
    I've Been Frosted

That's beautiful, Karen. Thank you.

So sorry to hear that Cowboy went to Rainbow Bridge. Sounds like
    he lived a good, long life with your friend, but their lives are never long
    enough for those that love them. Rest In Peace Cowboy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have to echo Liz's post. No amount of time is ever long enough. RIP, Cowboy. Look down upon your human and let her know you are okay up there.

Anne,

I am so sorry for your loss. Cowboy sounds like a great dog and I hope you have peace in your heart as he is at peace now. Here is a nice reading I found when searching for a pet sympathy card for a friend a while back:

Our inability to completely protect and keep from harm those we love is a painful but inherent part of the human condition.

Let solace be taken, however, in knowing that we gave the best we had to our little friends, and that they knew, without an inkling of doubt, that they were deeply loved.

For, beyond all else, that is the greatest gift we give to them, and in turn, the greatest gift they give to us