Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow is the *big* day for Nebo...

Tomorrow is the *big* day for Nebo...

He's getting neutered tomorrow. I think I'm also going to get that wart or whatever that is taken off. I have the day off from work. I'm dropping him off around 7:30-8:00 and picking up up around 5:30-6:00. I just hope he will be ok! I always worry, lol.

I understand the worry you are feeling but he will be fine Mom!!! He will just need some extra lovin in the next day or two. I bet you can handle that with no problems!!! LOL

I will keep Nebo in my prayers.

Oh, Nebo! You are going to be just fine! A you and vivacious pupset like yourself will get through this surjery with ease! You will be back to your mischief in no time

I am glad that you are going to have Nebo neutered. That is very responsible of you. Update us on how it goes.

I am glad you are neutering him. You are a very responsible mom. I am sure he will be fine. It is better to have the wart removed when he is being neutered as it will be cheaper for you as you will not have to pay double for anesthesia, boarding etc.. and it will be better for him although anesthesia is generally very safe if used by a proffessional but it is best to put him under as less as possible and he wil already be under anesthesia.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Good luck Nebo!!!!

N' make mommy pampurr u!!! licks and wags, Kia
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Good Luck sweet Nebo, I'm sure your gonna be just fine!
    Take the day & rest up, then you'll be back to your old self again in no time!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

We just went through this last week, and I can identify with your worries!! Instead of waiting for the phone to ring all day, I went shopping!

We will certainly think about Nebo tomorrow. Keep us up to date as how he is doing. Pretty soon the hardest part will be keeping him quiet for 10 days!!!

Lots of good wishes for precious Nebo on his "Big Day!!" We'll be thinking of you little man! Before long you'll be home, safe and sound, all snuggled up with your Mom!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Good luck, Nebo!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

We'll be thinking of Nebo tomorrow... All paws will be crossed for Nebo's safe surgery...

We will all be thinking of precious Nebo tomarrow.
    Remember after you get him home, do not let
    him lick his stitches.

Rocky tells Nebo it's a piece of cake and he
    will not miss anything.

----<---<--<{(@

Thanks everyone! I just got back from dropping him off. Ahh I am such a paranoid person! I feel bad too. Having that wart thing removed was $53. The vet said I could have it sent it to test and see if it was cancer or not too. I really wanted to do that, but it was like $75. Ahg, I don't have that much! She said the possibility of that was quite low, because he is so young/in good health. But I'm going to watch im really closely, and if it comes back or something, I'm definitely going to have it tested! I also got some heartworm meds for him, $18 for 3 months. She said I could get the shot after he's 6 months old, I'll have to see which is cheaper. *sigh* I can't wait until 5:30!

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    I also got some heartworm meds for him, $18 for 3 months. She said I could get the shot after he's 6 months old, I'll have to see which is cheaper. *sigh* I can't wait until 5:30!
    PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE SHOT!!!! Not enough scientific research has been done and there are some reports of dogs that end up having major problems after the shot. Some have even died with mysterious causes which the vets seem to be unable to diagnose until it is too late.

The once a month meds are established. If cost is the issue, think of the cost you will pay if your dog is one of the ones who does not do good on it! I believe you are better off staying away from the shot than being sorry later! The old saying.... An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure (or something like that).

At my vet's, the shot and pill cost the same. Drake has been on the shot for over a year. I have consulted with my vet as well as 2 other vets and they said that the shot is safe and just as effective as the pill.

note from Maya

Hi Nebo !!

Yep , a letter from a cat !!!
    Why ? Well , I had the same operation last week , and I want to assure you there is no need to be afraid !!! I fell asleep ; and when I woke up , it was all over !!
    My belly hurt a bit , but as I slept all the time , also the next day , I did not mind very much !!! Just be sure not to eat ANYTHING from 12 hours before , otherwise you will vomit a lot ...!

good luck pal !!!
    MAYA