Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Done with Coca Cola!

Done with Coca Cola!

I know that this isn't a big deal to most people, but it is to me. I have been hooked on Coca Cola since I was a little kid. I would drink it like water every single day. It is horribly vile stuff for your health and I am pleased to brag that my last Coca Cola was July 15.
    I got past the caffeine headaches (misery) after about a week or so and haven't looked back.

For the past few days, I have had a single bottle of coke staring at me from my refrigerator because I planned on making a pot roast (Coca Cola roast is the best!!) It was a temptation, but I didn't cave. I put a pot roast together in the crock pot this morning and decided to take a little sip after I used what I needed in the roast.

It was sickly sweet and vile, I didn't even have the urge to finish the remaining 6 oz or so so I threw it out. I think I am officially off of the Coke!!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I did the same thing a dozen years or so ago. Now whenever I accidentally take a sip out of the wrong glass, I nearly choke on it!

Water and unsweetened tea for me!

I haven't drank them in years, we're talking 30 to 40 years. Sodas are not good for you and are part of todays overweight problem. It is my belief that diet sodas are the worst of the lot and cause more problems than the regular ones. There is a LOT to the saying "Why is it you only see fat people drinking diet drinks?" I believe they cause you to gain weight, not loose it.

People do not realize the calories that they DRINK.. I only do water, coffee (unsweetened) and tea, sometimes sweet, sometimes unsweetened (but only 1 galss a day of the tea and not every day)

Remember this, the more sugar you take in, the more you crave.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I drink Coke and most all sodas, and Sweet Tea, and i am actually quite a bit underweight .

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Water and unsweetened tea for me!

IU cut waaaaay back on my soda drinking....now it's a treat! I find that flavored seltzer waters are better for my thirst!

I like Brawndo too!

Reggie - you are taking in a LOT of caffeine, and it's a diuretic! Wouldn't surprise me if you are dehydrated. About 70% of North Americans are, and don't even know it.

Plus, all the caffeine can artificially raise your metabolism, as it's a stimulant. Maybe try easing down to very little caffeine, as this can really mess up your health (for one, your heart would be beating faster than it really should be).

Look up 'caffeine' on Google and see what you find out.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I do my best not to drink soda. I usually only drink soda when i'm at a restaurant and they dont have sweet tea. and at home I usually drink water

I used to drink Diet Coke all the time. I have one every once in a while if I dine out. But for the most part I now drink only water and one cup of coffee a day.

My best friend is hooked on Tab. She tried quitting but the headaches were horrible.

Did you know that if you scrub your tires with it, it gets them sparkling clean. Can you imagine what it does to your stomach???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am hopelessly addicted to diet Mountain Dew. I wonder if I can ever stop. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE KICKED THE HABIT!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I used to drink Diet Coke all the time. I have one every once in a while if I dine out. But for the most part I now drink only water and one cup of coffee a day.

My best friend is hooked on Tab. She tried quitting but the headaches were horrible.

Did you know that if you scrub your tires with it, it gets them sparkling clean. Can you imagine what it does to your stomach???
    The lining of your stomach is powerful enough to repel your stomach acid, which is strong enough to burn through solid steel. Tab aint nothing compared to that! lol

In May 2001, I woke up one day and grabbed my morning coke like always. EWWW! It tasted terrible, like acid. I poured it out and when I got to work I bought one from the machine, thinking mine at home had just gone sour. Nope, same reaction. After a half dozen "EWWW" reactions, I stopped trying. I did not drink soda (Coke!) for 7 months.

Good luck on your "no more coke" lifestyle. It sucked me back in... lol.
    I keep thinking that maybe I will quit again.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I don't drink sodas, coffee or tea. Haven't since 1995. Back in 2002 when my Dad had surgery I decided to get a Mountain Dew to see if the caffiene would help me get through the long day. OMG, I thought I was having a heart attack because my heart started pounding so hard. The nurses had me sit and rest while checking my BP and heart rate. For a while I couldn't figure out what it was and then I remembered drinking that soda.

Water and milk are about all I drink with the exception of fruit juice now and then and of course my favorite treat - a Sonic strawberry slush.

From Decker with Love

I'm pretty much hopelessly addicted to any carbonated soda.

Niņo & Eliza

Well done on giving it up!

I can see how you can find the taste so repelling after a break - when I turned vegetarian at 8 years old, at first I found it so hard to resist the hotdogs and burgers and all the other junk foods kids eat. After a while, though, the thought of eating meat became as normal to me as eating rocks.

I personally drink too much caffeine, mainly from coffee. Thing is, weather is always so murky over here that I always feel like having a hot drink! I do drink some carbonated drinks, particularly diet coke, but not that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    The lining of your stomach is powerful enough to repel your stomach acid, which is strong enough to burn through solid steel. Tab aint nothing compared to that! lol
    Not exactly repel; the stomach is coated in mucus, but as quickly as the acid has dissolved that mucus, it's already been replaced. No doubt though that sugary drinks knacker your teeth!

I remember seeing a programme which described coke as being a criminal's best friend - able to remove blood stains from a crime scene!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    I drink Coke and most all sodas, and Sweet Tea, and i am actually quite a bit underweight .
    You are also a growing boy... most of boys, if they are active, are not over weight, and at your age, tend to sprout up and look like beanpoles, lol.