Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what have I been so busy doing?

So what have I been so busy doing?

You've all been following along in the story of my life as evidenced by Turn the Page and Turn Another Page, and I've alluded to this in many many posts in the past, so it's finally time to announce - we have sold the house and are going to go full-time in the motorhome!

Yes, closing on the house was on May 25th, so we are completely out of the house and living in an apartment for the time being. The house sold in less than 24 hours, so things all happened way faster than we expected. We sold 99% of our stuff, some over ebay, some on craigslist and some at our big Moving Sale. What didn't sell we either donated or threw away (you wouldn't believe the crap you accumulate over the years!). We did keep our beds, most of Terry's work stuff, my computer desk and Peanut's house and her boxes, oh, and a TV. We are renting furniture so we have something to sit on while we watch TV and eat dinner.

We have both told our bosses and they are taking it as well as can be expected. For me, we have already started getting resumes in (a chef, applying for an office manager/bookkeeper job? ) and Terry just went last Tuesday to have his "exit interview" with his boss. Turns out his boss really doesn't want him to leave, so they're in negotiations - if the boss can offer certain benefits, Terry will stay until Thanksgiving. I've already told my boss I will be done around the end of August, so we'll see how things go and if I can stay longer (until November like Terry) I will, otherwise I'll leave when I said I would and let Terry support me for a few months while I lolly gag for the first time in who knows how many years. I kind of like that idea.

So anyway, as you can imagine, it's been quite hectic around here trying to sell everything - oh, and we took a week's vacation in there too - and get moved and all. The apartment is nice, I suppose, but it doesn't even come close to comparing to the house, and I miss my nice quiet private back yard! The snots are settling in nicely and neither one really had a problem with the move at all.

I didn't want to say anything earlier because I wanted to make sure both our bosses were fully aware of our plans before I went blabbering them all over the internet, but now that they both know - Whooo Hooooo!!!! Is it November yet?

Oh, and in case anyone has missed it, here's a pic of us with the motorhome that will be our full-time residence in the near future.

And here's two of Peanut and Cracker Jack enjoying the motorhome's comfy accommodations.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oops, forgot to mention....Terry is retiring, which is the reason for all this, so our tentative plans once we go full-time are to head to Arizona and the nice weather for the winter. Hopefully we'll get some type of job there, just to keep us busy and give us something to do, then when spring comes we'll decide where we want to go next. We want to travel the entire North America Continent. There are so many places we want to see and so many things we want to do and so many people we want to see! So it should be quite the adventure. Terry and Debbie's Big Adventure is what we're calling it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hey Deb,

WOW!! You HAVE been busy!! Promise that if you guys happen to get an inkling for coming through New England, will ya let us New Englanders know so we can set up a meeting??? I'd love to see you and Terry again and meet CJ and Peanut.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow that is awesome. I am a regular viewer at motorhomemagazine.com and there are lots of full timers out there.

Do you follow George aka tiogaRV? His blog fascinates me.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I wondered when you would spill the beans!
    Good luck to you both!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm so envious!

So, if you're living out of a motorhome... how do you get mail!?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That is so cool that you are finally doing it!

I agree with Moosmom, you will have to plan a trip to New England.
    You can visit her, then visit Karen and Paul on your way up to Vermont to visit me and Samantha and you will have to visit Sas at Camp Vermont too!
    Unless you really like driving the motorhome in the snow I would recommend that you come visit in the summer or the fall.

We will expect many photos of your travels and you will have to keep connected to Pet Talk whenever possible.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

So it's finally out. Oh Debbie, what an adventure. I'm so glad both your bosses are coping - I know you were a bit worried.

You certainly have a luxurious motorhome, so I'm sure you'll be fine travelling around - and you'll be the one to have met the most PTalkers within a year, I'm sure.

I'm SO glad it all worked out! Keep us updated!

((((hugs to you both, and scritchies to Peanut & CJ))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So, when can I expect you??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermontcat
    ....you will have to plan a trip to New England.
    You can visit her, then visit Karen and Paul on your way up to Vermont to visit me and Samantha and you will have to visit Sas at Camp Vermont too!
    Quote Originally Posted by slick
    So, when can I expect you??
    I think you should swing by New England up through Ontario (visit Nakita and moi) and then head over to Slick, down to California. After that, I'll leave the journey up to you.

You're living my dream! Can I come with you....I can wash dishes, clean windows, groom cats, take their photos.....
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

And so ...

The Adventure Begins!

Happy Trails to You!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

WOW! Sounds so exciting. (but scary too) I could never imagine not having a place to call home (you know, the kind who's engine doesn't break down or need $3/galon gasoline ) LOL

PA sure better be on your list of places to visit. No trip around the USA is complete without a layover at the Luckenbach cat house (and Catnapper's castle)

Hee hee - leave it to we Pet Talkers to plan your itinerary for you! You know, of course, that whatever state you visit, you have to let us all know so we can meet up - after all, I, for example, have met you and Terry, but never met Peanut, never mind Cracker Jack!

It's a big step, we're glad to celebrate it with you!

I can wash dishes, clean windows, groom cats, take their photos.....

Hee Hee....well I can scoop the litterbox, make dinner, sweep the floor and help Kass wash and put away the dishes. Oh yes, I can also change bed sheets at 2am. Just ask Gini.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Yes, I certainly know how much stuff you can aquire over the years after moving after 29 years myself. How DID you servive all that???

I hope you enjoy your adventures!!! Me, living in tornado alley, would worry about storms, but that's just the way I am. I want four solid walls around me and even that's not safe. I guess you can just drive away from storms, eh?
    What about winter? Motor down to Florida or somewhere warm?

I'm glad Peanut gets to keep her little house!!!

Don't forget the camera!!! We want pictures. It will be the only traveling I can do from now on!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~