Thread: How to brush my Yorkie's hair

How to brush my Yorkie's hair

Hi all,

I'm totally new in having a dog. For you who didnt see my thread in Introduction section, I have a yorkie.

I've tried to brush his hair using a comb.. it didnt work.. I mean his hair is so hard to comb and plus he cant stop moving... >.<

what should I do??
    I'm desperately need advices...

Thanks before, guys..

HI!
    You should use a brush before you comb. It won't pull any tangle as badly as a comb would.
    Is the hair LONG? If so lift up a section and brush down the section under your hand. Then continue all around the dog. THEN comb through to smooth it all out.
    The wiggly-ness should calm down with time. If he's a puppy, do short sessions. Be firm, because this should not be thought of as play. But treat or play between those sessions so he has something to look forward to AFTER his brushing.

Perhaps you should take him to a groomer, so someone experienced can get all the tangles get worked out, then you can brush him every day to keep his coat smooth and tangle-free. This will also help the two of you bond.

I rescued a little once, that had tangles also. I took her to the groomer to clean up so I could stay the "good guy" then just kept the coat up from there.
    What I did with her was first a slicker or pin brush first to get the hair going in the right direction, then used a comb when she was sleepy and did it a section at a time every day. She never had knots after that.

One more thing- after the coat is cleaned and free of tangles from the groomer, there is a product called " The stuff". This is sprayed into the coat to not only keep it cleaner, but helps prevent mats and tangles. Dog show people use it, and it is a God Sent. Dogs in showing one after another, have to maintain perfect coats all the time, and I will say- it sure does the job!
    YOu can get it at petsmart I believe. I get mine at JB wholesale.

whooaa... .thanks a lot for your advices...
    I'll try to apply it to Mirko (the puppy's name)... ^_^

thank you.. thank you.. thank you...