Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Keep Scarlet in Your Thoughts GOOD UPDATE

Please Keep Scarlet in Your Thoughts GOOD UPDATE

I got lucky with Miss Scarlet tonight, she was waiting for me when I go home so in a carrier I put her and off we went to the vets so she could be checked out and added to the carlover4ever household.

My vet thinks she is part American Bobtail, around three years old, already spayed but the lump on her underside is probally a hernia from the time she was spayed.

They held her overnight and will test her for leukemia, if negative, they will do exploratory surgery, fix the lump if they can, give her all her vaccines and a rabies shot.

She was such a good girl, she went right into her carrier with no problem, she cried just a little on the way (I think she thought I was going to dump her off again), once at the vets I took her out of her carrier and she snuggled and purred until we were seen. Even when being poked and proded (they stuck her tummy with a needle to see if there was any fluid) she was so very, very sweet.

Please keep her in your thoughts that she tests negative for leukemia and she makes it through surgery OK.....I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I know something.

Thanks --- Meg and Scarlet
    Last edited by catlover4ever; 12-13-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Fingers and paws are crossed here, hoping for a successful surgery and a negative test (so that Miss Scarlet can spend the holidays in her new home)!

We are praying here too that Scarlet will get a clean bill of health, and find her place in that Wonderful Cat Clowder!!
    That would be the Greatest Pet Mas Gift of All.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How I hate that dreaded "L" word. After losing Lilith to felv and having Vixen test positive I know the heartbreak and horror.

So rest assured Meg all fingers, toes, whiskers and paws will be crossed her for sweet Scarlet. Postives thoughts are being sent express for Scarlet to be negative and her exploratory surgery to go well.

(((HUGS)))

Michelle, Vixen and Phoenix

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Hey, let us know the news when you find out. Keeping up all the good thoughts here for Miss Scarlet!!!

Prayers and good thoughts here!

And I know there are cats who HAVE tested positive for leukemia, and live very happy lives, even if they are a bit shortened.

Hope all goes well and Scarlet comes through with flying colours!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I hope all goes well with the test and the surgery. Prayers are on the way, that she test negative for that dreaded disease. Poor little thing, I bet she was scared and thought you was dumping her again, but she will find out you aren't very soon!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

How exciting, Meg! Prayers that Miss Scarlet tests negative! Can't wait for the news!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. I sure hope that she'll be able to become a part of your household.

Prayers and good thoughts coming her way for all good news from the vets!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I really hope things go well and Scarlet becomes a new member of your fur family.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

From Decker with Love

We will be thinking of berautiful Miss Scarlet all day! Good luck sweet girl.

Well Scarlet came home this evening and is resting quietly in the garage. I made her a bed up off the floor, gave her a litter box, and a place to eat her dinner.

She did in fact have a very large hernia that was repaired last night. Her blood work came back just fine. She is negative for Leukemia and she was updated with all her shots.

I can tell you this, she is not a happy cat when stuck inside, but she is going to have to spend the next two to three nights in the garage before she will be able to go back outside again.

I am trying to introduce her to my crew little by little but she is just so not happy about it...and of course they are not happy about it either. It really does not help for her to smell like the vets office so I think a little at a time each night should help.

Thank you all for your good positive thoughts and prayers. We both really appreciate them. I promise to get some pictures of her to share with everyone soon.

Thanks again...Meg and Scarlet

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

She belongs to another family, right? They are BOUND to notice her 'bump' is gone!

Otherwise you could isolate her in a room in your house and make gradual introductions.

SO glad she came through this with a great report!

Don't you wich you could "poof" her?

Bless you for helping her!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Meg, that is such wonderful news! You are so sweet to have gotten her belly fixed!!!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!