Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why does Jake feel the need to..

why does Jake feel the need to..

take a dump just as I'm scooping?

it is the same with my cats. usually they want to pee. And as soon as I finish they are in the box making it dirty again.

I guess it must be like us. Guarenteed if someone goes and gets in the shower 2 minutes later it like ' darn it I gotta pee'.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    If you figure it out, please let me know! Willow and Willy do this and it drives me crazy!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Pearl will also usually do this so then I have to clean the box out again. I guess she just likes a very clean litterbox and I don't blame her.

Gotta be the first one to christen the clean box!!!!

My fosters are like this and I have a theory...they "hold it" waiting for the pristine litter box but then as I'm cleaning it they decide THEY CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!! LOL!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

I trhink the sound stimulates them like running water does us! Giz will "go" in every one you scoop too.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I think that krazyaboutkatz has it right.
    The Found Cats are very fussy about the cleanliness of thier box and will wait for you to claen it before they would deign to step in, and use the facilities.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I've often found this to actually be a GOOD thing! If I need to get a fecal sample for the vet, I just clean sandboxes, then as a cat makes a 'deposit' I can 'catch' it with the scooper. That way I can bring in a sample without litter in it.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Totally!!

It happend to me TODAY!! I simply went to put the litter out for the garbage man......and I came into the room and Paris had decided to go right ahead and use the PLASTIC LINER!!!! WHAT????? She is also very notorious for using the clean litter that is still in the store bought bag for heaven sake....... Its sort of a funny story to be honest. One night my husband and I were ready to turn in for the night and he says"Where is Paris?" "I was like, well who knows probably running like a crazy woman in the living room." He said "Um I doubt it, it sounds like she is into something in their room so he gets up, he looks and all I could hear was him laughing histerically!! "Oh my god Heidi get the camera" She has done it all now!

Here the little turd was doing a "2" in the brand new bag of "clean" litter. INSIDE THE BAG! How funny is that.....She never leaves one stone unturned.....But that is why I love her so much!

*I've been Boo'd*

rofol lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by ashleycat
    take a dump just as I'm scooping?
    Here is my pet theory on this... Our kitties see us as big cats, and we when we are cleaning the litter box, we are in their very special place, which we normally do not invade... So, the second we leave, they have to go and check it all out carefully, and re-establish ownership by using the box, no matter how much they do not need to use it.

my 2 cents.
    In memory of my Gigi Meuette, beautiful, true and trusted friend, killed and eaten by a cougar.

Loki always goes, as soon as i clean out the box!! You can set your clocks by it!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

OMG!! My cats Honey-B and Mackenzie are the same way! I hate when they do that too. I have no idea why they do, maybe they like the fact that it is a clean box....not sure, but it bothers me!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Since I have 11 furbabies and 5 litter boxes, it is a contest to see who can take the first pee or poo as soon as mom is finished changing the liter boxes out. My last addition, TJ the terrifically terrible one, will actually do his business as I am scooping it out. He doesn't have a modest bone in his body. He also loves to pass "gas" especially when you are loving on him. Oh, what joy they bring us all