Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need temp foster in Warren, OH area

Need temp foster in Warren, OH area

Hello all,

We are attempting to take in a puppy that was found under a porch in the Warren, OH area. We are working with a local group, but they don't have any area to hold this pup until we can get him too us (this weekend at the very earliest). I'm trying to arrange to get him into the vet first for a health check and initial vaccinations and possibly neutering, but the vet can't hold for long. The people that found him want him gone TODAY or they will take him to the pound. I always worry about them getting sick at the pound, so we would like to avoid that as much as possible.

I was wondering if there were any residents in that area that might be able to hold this pup for a few days once he has been to the vet. That would give me a little wiggle room to arrange transport.

Here is the picture I got of him. I'm not sure if this is going to happen, but I'm hoping to work it out. Feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Clara

He is such a cute & tiny little thing. I do hope someone from Ohio can
    keep him safe till transport. Prayers that this can be done.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Clara, I sent a link to this thread to a PT member that lives in Warren.
    I'm an hour North of Warren, if there is no one in Warren that can scoop him up I'll see if I can make the drive down there sometime this week after I get off of work.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9

Clara, I sent a link to this thread to a PT member that lives in Warren.
    WHO lives in Warren, OH?
    I'm about 20 miles southwest of Warren ...

Only *rub* is we're Dawg Sittin with Cali this Friday, Sat, Sunday and I think Monday.

Not to mention how long it's been since I "Puppy-sat"!

Do we have any real details on this - like WHEN and Where is the Pup?
    Did the Vet Check happen?

I hate the thought of a probably UN-vaccinated pup being anywhere near MY FurKids -
    let alone sleeping in their home or riding in their Bus.

/s/ Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

I hate the thought of a probably UN-vaccinated pup being anywhere near MY FurKids - let alone sleeping in their home or riding in their Bus.
    I think she has this part covered, Phred...

I was wondering if there were any residents in that area that might be able to hold this pup for a few days once he has been to the vet. That would give me a little wiggle room to arrange transport.

Gosh, he sure is a cutie... and look at those sad little eyes! Who could have just abandoned him?! I wish I lived closer to where you are to foster him for a few days for ya!

Update from Clara (via e-mail)

Right now I am still in a holding pattern. I did hear that they might have a local adopter there, so it might be a moot point. If they do, that's fine since my only concern was getting it placed somewhere before it went to the pound. I should know more today, because they have asked me to wait until they check out the local placement. They want to do a home visit and arrange vetting first. As soon as I have a definitive answer, I will let you know. The good news is that it is not going to the pound, one of the local volunteers has gotten it from the family that found it and is currently holding it - so less chance of it getting sick.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Thanks All!!

I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see so many people offer to help. As of right now, I still don't have an answer as to whether they have found someone to take the pup or not, but regardless of whether we take him or not, at least the pup is somewhere other than the pound. Parvo is always such a factor in dog pounds/shelters that do not vaccinate at intake. I once had a pup I fostered from the city shelter here that died of parvo and given the gestation period, he had to have gotten it at the shelter since he had been there 3 weeks prior. It just about broke my heart.

There is a terrific vet in the area that will take in the dogs, get them all fixed up at a reduced cost and allow us to pay over the phone with either a credit card or send it via paypal - so our first priority is always the vet check.

Again, thank you so much - I really appreciate all the offers and I will keep you all informed.

Clara

It's good to hear that the pup is in a safe place & being cared for
    for now. He is a cutie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

He's Coming to Buffalo

Hi guys,

Looks like this boy is coming to Buffalo this weekend. He will be going into the vet either today or tomorrow and will hopefully be working his way here this weekend.

I'm hoping he will be allowed to stay overnight at the vet and then I will have to see about hopping on a transport this weekend. He'll be getting vaccinated, wormed, flea treated, and neutered (if he is big enough).

I'll let you know how everything goes.

If the transport happens this Sunday the 20th count me in!

I could pick him up in Warren and get him to Route 11 and 90.
    Or if he could get a ride to Route 11 and 90 I could take him to Erie (or a little further).

Just say the word!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Great news for the little guy. Prayers for a safe trip for everone
    bringing him closer to a forever home.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Clara e-mailed me today. The transport is not going to happen this weekend.
    If all goes as (kind of) planned...he'll be going to the vet early next week and there is someone in the area that will keep him till the weekend.
    Then next weekend they will get him to me, then I'll hand him off to Clara near the NY/PA border.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Clara e-mailed me today. The transport is not going to happen this weekend.
    If all goes as (kind of) planned...he'll be going to the vet early next week and there is someone in the area that will keep him till the weekend.
    Then next weekend they will get him to me, then I'll hand him off to Clara near the NY/PA border.

Glad to hear you are still able to help get the pup on his way. I'll be
    praying for a good, safe trip for all. I wonder if he has a name?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well... as it turns out, he's jumping on another transport that's running through Warren (about and hour South of me) so I won't be meeting the little guy.
    At least I know he's getting into a rescue!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Well... as it turns out, he's jumping on another transport that's running through Warren (about and hour South of me) so I won't be meeting the little guy.
    At least I know he's getting into a rescue!!

Will the other people , or Clara, let you know when the trip is over?

I hope everything well smoothly.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt