Thread: Would you consider this an "Oops"?

Would you consider this an "Oops"?

We had a major storm last night. The roads were worse than usual because the storm knocked down all sorts of stuff from trees. Tires and gravel don't quite connect when a slimy leaf comes in between them.

The poor driver was terrified what his dad would do. Dad is a local judge who is H-A-R-D on his son. Dad is also on vacation this week and told son not to drive the family car. Oops.... do ya think dad will notice he drove it?

We've been working on the yard (the tree stumps were due to come out in a few weeks), and have been putting up a fence section by section. Good thing we didn't get to close in the shed area yet. Good thing all we did was repaint the shed last week and not replace it like hubby wanted to do. I guess this means we get a new shed now?

Poor kid! But he was told NOT to drive the car and did anyway. That will be a lesson that kid will remember for the rest of his life. Looks like you will be getting a new shed soon, maybe hubby will have some free help from that boy as a added bonus!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Looks like you will be getting a new shed soon, maybe hubby will have some free help from that boy as a added bonus!

That may be a way to get the dad to go 'easy' on the son? Teach them both a little life lesson?

--------

I think it was last week I heard the story about a guy who crashed his car while he was drinking and driving. I think he hit the side of a store.

When the cops showed up there were no signs of alcohol.

The dude was chugging on a Slurpee, got a brain freeze and lost control of his car!

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Yep! that is an Oops
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I guess I would call it an Oops if he had permission to drive.

Since he deliberately disrespected his father, it's an Oops with consequences. He will be paying for the new shed and the car repair, right?

We all make mistakes. But we need to learn that we have responsibilities (and that we are capable of those responsibilities) when we break the rules.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I wouldn't want to be there when Papa finds out what has happened.

MAJOR OOPS!!! Glad no one was hurt! Hope he learned to listen to Dad from now on!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If Dad is unfairly H-A-R-D on his son, as you say, then probably they'll both learn from this. At least no one was injured. I wouldn't call it an "oops", more like an "oh s**t!"
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    We all make mistakes. But we need to learn that we have responsibilities (and that we are capable of those responsibilities) when we break the rules.
    Thank you for saying this. I could hug you for saying this. This seems to be the point most people miss. I don't know how many times I have come up against the "didn't you ever make a mistake?" defense. And I always try to explain yes I did, and I paid the consequences for those mistakes. Some times just saying "I'm sorry" isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I wouldn't call it an "oops", more like an "oh s**t!"

Oh yes what a Oppss.. Poor kid..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

OMG Kim, I thought that was YOUR car!!!!

That's a major "OH S*IT!!! if ya ask me!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Sh*t is what I'd be saying.

I'd be trying to help you fix the shed and doing something about the car BEFORE dad got back lol. My dad would figure if I wasn't doing something about it before he came back I wasn't doing things quick enough!

The phrase "Take initiative" is something that was drilled into my brain from a young age lol.
    Don't wait for people to tell you to do the right thing, just do it!

I hope the kid knows how to build a shed

Oops is a understatement lol. More like oh Sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    If Dad is unfairly H-A-R-D on his son, as you say, then probably they'll both learn from this. At least no one was injured. I wouldn't call it an "oops", more like an "oh s**t!"

I've been Boooo'd!