Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soylent Green? Temptations?

Soylent Green? Temptations?

I bought a new package of the Good For Your Fangs Temptations and they looked suspiciously like Soylent Green from the old sci fi flick..

Hmmmm,
    The Edster loves to bite be so........could it be that cats actually run the factory?

They're serving Soylent Green in cat food now? Hmmm, I thought it was only served as airplane food.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

WE ARE SOYLENT GREEN!!!
    THAT WAS AN INTERESTING MOVIE AND I HAVE RAED THAT EDWARD G ROBINSONSDEATH SCENE WAS THE LAST THAT HE EVER FILMED.
    SADLY HE PASSED ON THAT NIGHT
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    WE ARE SOYLENT GREEN!!!
    THAT WAS AN INTERESTING MOVIE AND I HAVE RAED THAT EDWARD G ROBINSONSDEATH SCENE WAS THE LAST THAT HE EVER FILMED.
    SADLY HE PASSED ON THAT NIGHT

Yep, I know, Gar. I was being a wise guy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I THOUGHT THAT WAS A FUNNY ONE, MEDUSA.
    GIVEN THE STORIES I HEAR ABOUT AIRLINE FOOD THESE DAYS.
    I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON A PLANE ONCE, ABOUT 40 YEARS AGO, AND I LIKED THOSE TRAYS OF FOOD!!
    BUT THINGS I GUESS HAVE CHANGED!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What's soylent green? some type of soy product??

For those of you who missed this one, Soylent Green was a 1973 movie by MGM (I grew up down the street from MGM). It starred Charlton Heston, Leigh Taylor-Young, Chuck Connors, Joseph Cotten and Edward G. Robinson. It was an interesting and entertaining movie.

The story line is "In an overpopulated futuristic Earth, a New York police detective finds himself marked for murder by government agents when he gets too close to a bizarre state secret involving the origins of a revolutionary and needed new foodstuff called soylent green."

The dark secret is exactly what soylent green is made of.
    Randy

An interesting theory, Richard, but I feel that cats are happy with the status quo, ie having us as slaves. I don't feel they feel the need to cull us.

Have you tasted those Temptations to find out whether the green ones really do taste better than the others?

And too finnish the answer of the dark secret, yes Soylent Green was made from humans.
    GILL & Crew;

As always, I learned a lot from this thread! Haven't seen those new Temptations, yet. Now the movie, I never heard of but now am interested in seeing it. Wonder if it is available as a rental? hmmmm . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    And too finnish the answer of the dark secret, yes Soylent Green was made from humans.
    Oh my! I never saw, nor heard of that movie (granted I was 3 when it came out). Sounds like a strange and interesting premise though. I guess their answer to the "over population" problem and feeding everyone.

Reminds me of a friend who never heard of the word "euthanasia" and thought the professor was talking about Youth in Asia... he thought she meant birthcontrol and overpopulation problems in China, lol. He was not too swift.

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties View Post

Have you tasted those Temptations to find out whether the green ones really do taste better than the others?

They register bitter on the corresponding part of my tongue....

Kidding! My favorites-Ah, ED'S favorites are the seafood flavored ones.

Gary,

Again you are correct. It was EGR's last film!

Any good rental place-or if you can find a new/used copy on the net is worth a rainy Saturday.

Is "Soylent Green" the name of the movie?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Sure is!
    Would we steer you wrong!

P.S. you have to write a two page, double spaced paper on it if you rent it!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    And the book it was based on was called "Make Room! Make Room!" The author, Harry Harrison, hated the movie. The theme of the book was overpopulation and the plight of people on a planet whose natural resources were depleted. There was none of the cannibalism thing in the book.

So now you have to write a paper on both. Compare and contrast ...