Thread: unknowen behavior

unknowen behavior

I have had my cats for 5 years since they were kittens. we rescued them from a farm house that killed the cats if they didn't go. but for 5 years they have peed and pooped all over. We have been to the vet got them fixed had them on special food added litter box tried special liter and nothing has worked. i have come this far and saved them for a reason. not sure to many other people could deal with this everyday for 5 years. any suggestions or advice on what i can do or try would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
    sincerely, Gabby

We need more information. Do they ever use the litter box? Do they even "get" it? Is this a constant thing - not using it - or just occasional? How many cats do you have? How many litter boxes? How big is your residence?
    I've Been Frosted

Please read this link: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=litterbox. This is a wonderful website full of excellent information. Good luck.

I have had feral (wild) cats adapt to a litter box, so IMO, what you are experiencing is very unusual behaviour for a cat. Please tell us more, please read the link above. This is a solvable issue.

my cats

The cats are 2 girls. we have had them for 5 years we have had 2 liter boxes sometimes 3 or 4 to give them more of a choice. Our first apartment was not huge but big enough for cats. the second place we had was a duplex so there was plenty of room. Now we have a mobile home but they have to stay in our master bathroom,because. of their incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Please read this link: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=litterbox. This is a wonderful website full of excellent information. Good luck.
    This is an EXCELLENT website for anyone that wants to know how to properly take care of cats, in their best interests!!!! There is even a video on how to clean a litter box. This vet is my hero and everything she states on her website (my Bible for cat care) is perfect!!!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

GABZ- I hope you read the article by the vet re: litterboxes. It really does explain things, from the cats perspective. And, proper cleaning of the incidents is huge! I swear by OdorXit, and only OdorXit. I know a couple of people on here have positive experiences with other stuff...but OdorXit does the trick for me.

Not to hijack your post, but I'm having the same issues.

To clarify some posts on Facebook, I have 5 litter boxes for 5 cats. Three are humongous litter boxes and two are large. There is a 6th small one in the kitchen for accidents. Added recently due to these issues.

I prefer the wheat-corn litters and apparently so do my kitties. However, I have recently been diagnosed with Celiac disease and the wheat has to go. If it touches my skin, I break out in hives.

This has prompted some protest pees and poops. I'm at my limit.

Good luck with your search for a solution. Mine might have to be drastic.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Not to hijack your post, but I'm having the same issues.

To clarify some posts on Facebook, I have 5 litter boxes for 5 cats. Three are humongous litter boxes and two are large. There is a 6th small one in the kitchen for accidents. Added recently due to these issues.

I prefer the wheat-corn litters and apparently so do my kitties. However, I have recently been diagnosed with Celiac disease and the wheat has to go. If it touches my skin, I break out in hives.

This has prompted some protest pees and poops. I'm at my limit.

Good luck with your search for a solution. Mine might have to be drastic.
    I just read some of your posts on FB tonight. Please try Cat Attract Litter by Dr. Elsey which you can buy at Petsmart. When I was having some issues with a few of my cats, this helped immediately. Now I just use the unscented Precious Cat Litter by Dr. Elsey. Please don't give up just yet. Good luck.

I already use it. I had to go from World's Best to Dr. elsye's Most of the critters love it.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

My friend has celiacs. She works in my son's cafeteria. She wears gloves, and has no problem. Are you sure you can't wear gloves? Heck, my friend that has an deadly allergic to tomatoes (poor woman!), GROWS tomatoes, as the rest in her household eats them. I haven't ever asked her, but I presume she wears gloves and washes after gardening.