Thread: Greta is great!

Greta is great!

I’m so glad that you “get” her, as opposed to the first adopters. People who return animals just aren’t patient and empathetic enough — kudos to you! She’s absolutely adorable. I love her name, as well!

Greta and her brother were found by an apartment manager as kittens. Their owners moved and left them behind. They were taken to a local rescue organization and adopted. Greta's first family returned her to the rescue organization when she was about 5 months old, saying she wasn't cuddly enough. Ha!

We adopted her a few days later. At first, she hid and did not want anything to do with us. Once she realized she was in her forever home, she became my cuddle bug. Every night right before bed, she snuggles up against my face and gives me head bonks and I kiss her on her head. Then she returns around 3 AM for more cuddles, and I always wake up and cuddle her some more. Her first family did not understand her. She is very cuddly as long as it is when she wants to cuddle. We love her just as she is!
    Hello, lovely Greta! Happy Cat of the Day!

You are a very beautiful lady! I like your tabby markings, your long white whiskers and your sweet face!

I smiled as I read about your snuggle routine... right before bed, then in the small hours of the morning, and whenever else you might like! You give head bonks to say good night, and you are all set! PURRRRR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to gorgeous Greta!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Greta, you are absolutely stunning! What a beautiful lady in lilac you are! All that purple in your surroundings really brings out your gorgeous grey Tabby markings. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. Your fur has such a pretty pattern and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those long white whiskers and lovely big pale-green eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Akron to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a terrific story you have to tell! Your first owners, alleged-humans that they are, abandoned you and your brother as kittens when they moved out of their apartment. Fortunately, the apartment management found you both and brought you to a local rescue organization. You and your brother were each adopted, but then your adopters brought you back to the rescue when you were about 5 months old, saying you weren't cuddly enough. Well, things certainly changed for the better then! A few days later your True Family adopted you and brought you home! You were scared at first and hid, but they gave you the time and space you needed to begin to realize you were safe and loved and in your Purrrfect Purrrmanent Home. You became your dear Purrrson's cuddle bug! Each night just before bedtime you snuggle up to her/his face and give head-bonks, and she/he kisses you on your head. Then at 3AM you return for more cuddles, which your Purrrson gladly gives. Your former "family" just didn't understand you, but your dear Purrrsons know to cuddle on your terms! They love you just as you are, and you all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Greta, on being chosen Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery