Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear E

Bear E

Well, looks like I am the first to congratulate you on your honor today! What a wonderful description of your personality little Bear! I feel like I know you! Thanks for the smiles and I will not worry for I know you are getting the royal treatment on your special day! Shelter Dogs Rock!
    You know where all those pet shop pups come from right? Puppy Mills!

What a lucky day for Bear E. and the big black dog!!! Both of you were adopted and you have certainly found a home where people love you a lot, Bear E!! I love your pictures, especially with your beloved tennis ball!!!

Congratulations to you and your family. You're the Dog of the Day!!!

Congrats!

My oh my Bear E...you are such a handsome boy!
    I am very glad your family found you!
    Amy & The Hawkwind Critters
    Hawkwind Studio

Congratulations Bear! What a great story. Sounds like you've got it all - good looks, great personality, and a wonderful family!

Look at that sweet cute cute face! Your furparents were sure lucky to find you waiting for them that day at the shelter! You sound like a very smart and nice dawg - especially if you've earned the tolerance of a cat!! You ROCK BEAR E!

Good Morning Bear, what a handsome boy you are. I love that photo of you, quite the athlete. My Daisy also loves to play ball but will never bring the ball back. lol. I'm so glad your family saw you and adopted you, and yes it is easy to fall in love with you too. Congratulations dear, sweet Bear Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Bear E., it sounds like you have a lot of fun playing ball, and take lots of time to make sure you have the right ball. You and Princess Mahli must have fun chasing those mice. It sounds like you are an athletic dog with a kind heart. Let's hope you get an extra hour or two to play ball today. I hope you receive many special things on your special day. Congratulations on Dog of the Day!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Oh, Bear E.!! Aren't you cunning!! My Labbie Star is in awe of your retrieving acumen!! Like you, she can't be fooled by the "switch the ball" maneuver...she know exactly WHICH ball is which, and which one she wants! And, as Logan has said, it WAS a lucky day indeed for "black dog," your family and you! I really got a laugh when I read how you and Princess Mahli play "catch and release" the mousie!! What a tag team!! And how sweet and kind you are to allow him "the great escape!" You're simply the gentlestt, most handsome, most joyful and loving companion AND of terrific Dog of the Day!! Congratulations to you dear Bear E.!! I hope you and Princess Mahli and the whole family have a wonderful day of celebration!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello Bear E.

You look like such a happy guy. It's great that your
    family found you to love. Sounds like you have an active
    schedule as ball player, mouse catcher & all round family
    companion. That's just the way it should be sweetie. Congrats
    on being chosen for a day of honor as our DOG OF THE DAY.
    I wish you a long happy & healthy life sweetheart.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Bear E. sounds just like my Corey dog. Corey is a Bichon Frise. Like Bear E. you can't trick him by trying to throw a different ball. He also sometimes enjoys making you fetch. He will put the ball somewhere he can't get it out, such as behind the couch or tv stand. He will then stand there and howl until I get it out for him. Bear E. sounds like someone I could fall in love with in a heartbeat. He has the most adorable face. I am so glad that you found each other [IMG]http://[/IMG]
    Marcine

aww! Bear E you are just a sweetie! And of course Cockers hold a speical place in my heart, so I was delighted to see your happy face on my computer screen! You look so happy, adorible, sweet, cute, and very much loved!

Congrats!

and thank you so much for being our DOTD! you certainly put a smile on my face Bear E!

Bear E what a handsome and intelligent boy you are!!! Can't fool you with the old tennis ball switcheroo! LOL Congrats to you on Dog of the Day!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Sorry I'm late on congratulating you

But I do hope you had a wonderful day sweetheart!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oops, I'm a day late too in Congratulating you, Bear E, you sweet, adorable, tennis-ball loving boy! My Cody, a "special ball, rip to the rubber" affficiato himself, thinks you're awesome too!!! Way to go! Hope your day was extra special!

Hello to all from Bear E.

Hello to all from Bear E. who asked me to thank all of you for your kind accolades.

He apologizes for not greeting you sooner but he has been busy making a trail in 6 feet of fresh snow to visit his hiking buddy, Cocanina, a beautiful mountain dog mix of chow, lab and blue heeler. In the past two days, all the town dogs have been sniffing tails and swapping tales about the big blizzard of '03 all agreeing they've never seen such a sight in their lives. Bear E. has become a celeb among them all with his DOTD status this week. He was rewarded with treats, lots of ball tosses, romps in the snow, and a thousand kisses. Even Princess Mahli paid homage to him, briefly.

We notified Animal Haven in Merriam, Kansas, where he found us, and this is what they wrote:

Martha & the regal Bear E.

Thank you so very much for sharing his story! It always warms our hearts to know that our "alumni" are living the good life and enriching the lives of their families.

I wish I had 2,000 more stories, like your, to share with my staff and volunteers each year. In 2002, Animal Haven saw 2,161 orphaned animals find new, forever families.

Thank you!
    Again, many thanks from Bear E. who is fast asleep after a full day of play in Gold Hill, Colorado.

PS >> Marcine and Corey:
    Bear E. also likes to make me play fetch, too! His favorite ball hiding place is under the couch. He also drops the ball in the wastebasket when I'm paying bills and into the root cellar when I have the trap door open.