Thread: ohhh so frustrating and scary!

ohhh so frustrating and scary!

On the way back from the dentist (and late for work) this morning I saw a little Rat terrier darting across 7 lanes of traffic on San Mateo (Zip knows, BUSY BUSY street). I stopped. Opened my door. started forcing other drivers to stop. Some how the little guy made it across and ran into a parking lot. He had apparently just COME from that lot because there were all these grocery store employees standing outside calling him. I followed him for about six blocks (residential). I got out, but just then he passed a house with a BIG rot, who barked and he bolted again. I followed him on foot for about another five minutes. He came toward me once, then a school bus started down the street and scared him I lost him eventually when he darted into a yard. I stayed near my car for a while longer to see if he would come back. Poor little guy...

I only hope that (God forbid) if Owen ever get out and was that scared, that someone would try to find him (and be successful.) Poor guy. I hope he got found.....I called Humane when I got to work, but they couldn't do much other than send a truck out....
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

That's so scary! I remember one day last summer I was on my way home from work and it was very hot (30 deg). I was at a stop light and I noticed a dog walking very slowly on the sidewalk. He/she was very skinny and looked really dehydrated. I stop and tried to get close but he/she was soooo scared that it would not let me near. I tried for about 1/2 hr but jut could not get him/her. I cried all the way home and prayed that God would take care of this little creature.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.