Thread: Boooohoooo! My baby is getting old...

Boooohoooo! My baby is getting old...

I was just talking to Jaden. He asked me if I'd stop holding his hand when I pick him up at school. He's getting so old and independent! It makes me so sad.

Tonya and Jaden 1997

Tonya and Jaden 2003

Jaden and the mom-in-law (she's as sweet as that expression on her face. )

Last edited by Tonya; 02-29-2004 at 09:03 PM.

Thank you Wolfie!

Aw! I can't see the first one , But, didn't it break your heart when you heard that? Aw.. lol

I think it breaks every mom's heart the first time they hear it... It's just a thing all kids go through... can't do certain things when his friends are within earshot... but he'll still want the lovin' at home..

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Oh no, that's one of my biggest fears about having kids! lol. I'll get all attached and want to do everything with them, and then one day they'll just decide "Oh, yeah...I would prefer it if you don't hug me in front of my friends."

I figure I have quite awhile before I need to stress about that though... Josh and I aren't even close to having anything other than dogs yet.

Originally posted by Moose
    I figure I have quite awhile before I need to stress about that though... Josh and I aren't even close to having anything other than dogs yet.
    That is what so cool about dogs. They can never be overwhelmed or to old for affection. lol.

I fixed the first pic, BTW. Sorry about that!

Thank you Wolfie!

He's sure a handsome young man. It has to be tough to hear those words for the first time too! You're right about doggies though, they never grow out of loving hugs and kisses

I really like his name too btw, I think Jaden is a really nice and unique name.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

That's what they do, mom, every one of them. It may get worse before it gets bettr, but just hang on for the next 10-12 years, and it'll be worth it!

I, on the other hand, am the obnoxious Aunt. I hug my nieces and nephews in public or wherever we meet. When the eldest boy, James, was about 13 or so, he started kinda avoiding me, so I found him, hugged him anyway, then looked him square in the eye and said "Kid, I'm gonna be your Aunt for the rest of your life. Get used to it." He's now 18, and taller than me, but he willing hugs me again, and his girlfriend gives me bigs hugs too!

I know the feeling having a 22yr and20 yr old no more kids the are adults. I first time the boy asked me to not hug him infront of his friends . Now its not bad his best freind gets mugged by his mom so I can hug the boy again.

Aw, that first picture is so precious. I remember when Dylan was just a baby.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh, I know how that is.

I offered to pick my son up after school, since I was going to be in town at that time. He looks at me completely mortified and says, "Mom! No one rides home with their moms! Everyone takes the bus!"

Oh. I see how it is.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien