Thread: Is Trouble brave or just stupid...you decide

Is Trouble brave or just stupid...you decide

I haven't posted too much about my Trouble kitten. Well he is a 12 pound 8 month old bundle of assertive, pushy, curious, playful, bullying, beautiful cat. We also this summer adopted Sequoia a 55 pound red and white husky with cat issues. Trust me it wasn't planned. We have been working with Sequoia on accepting that our 5 cats are NOT snacks but a part of her extended family. She is doing ok with 4 of them. But Trouble drives her nuts!!!

We don't allow them all in the main part of the house together without Sequoia being firmly on a short lead. Most of the evenin, from about 7:30 or so till about 9:30-10:00 the cats are sleeping in the bedroom while Sequoia has the run of the main part of the house. But for about 30 minutes or so in the evening we sit with them all together. Now the five girls (the four cats and the dog)have gotten to sort of accept one another. If they don't get too close to Sequoia she just lies there and they are comfortable to sit in my lap or near me as long as she stays on her side of the living room.

But Trouble! Jeesh! I don't know if he has a death wish or just feels he really has to bully everyone in the house. The whole time he keeps circling Sequoia on the sofa. He goes behind it...then crawls underneath it and sticks his head out right underneath the dog!!! Or when we are bringing her in and out of the house he will get right in her path and refuse to move! I have to go pick him up and hold him till we get Sequoia to settle down. Meanwhile the dog is going ballistic leaping in the air, snarling and yipping. The other cats she just looks at and ignores them. *shaking my head* I will be really glad when we have the money for Sequoia's obedience training. But sometimes I just have to wonder at what is going through Trouble's little mind.

Trouble is the one sitting up amoung the girls.

Sequoia

Denyce

Sequoia is beautiful!

Perhaps Troble just wants to live up to his name?

I think Trouble is too young to be smart enough to know this isn't a doggy to mess with....not that he's stupid, just inexperienced maybe!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

When I found Trouble he was lying in a meatloaf position on the side of a major highway here. Just watching the traffic fly by at 70 mph or more a foot or so from his face. He was on the left hand side of the road so I waited until traffic was clear before I called him. He came running to me as fast as his little 9 week old legs could carry him...I picked him up and he promptly bit me.

I named him Trouble right there and then. A friend of mine thought it was a TERRIBLE name for him. He was so cute and playful and yes...he did tend to bite but he is just so cute!!!

Right from the start he has terrorized the other cats. He leaps on thier backs and bites their necks and throats..he rolls Kaliban off the bed by leaping on her, wrapping his paws around her neck and letting momentum take over. He is into EVERYTHING! Yes I know...most kittens are. It is hard to describe how persistant and bad Trouble is. We have a zip line on the porch for Sequoia, Trouble since the tender age of 11 weeks or so has tormented the dog through the porch window. He would sit on the back of the sofa and smack the screen with his paws while Sequoia would be lunging, snarling and biting at the screen from the other side.

I have never had a cat that was soooo...ummm....aggressive and assertive. He just yanks open the glass shower door and walks right in on you when he feels like it.

When people first meet him the comment is almost always...."He isn't just a normal tabby is he?" I really think he is a Bengal cross. All I know is living with Trouble is ALWAYS an adventure and challenge but one I would never give up for anything!

Denyce

That is scary,as Huskies still have a bit,of the wild,in them,and I would hate to see,Trouble,turned into a Dog Yummy.I knew people,who thought,that the Cat,and Dog were doing fine,until Frosty ,let his guard down...Lets say,that it was over fast,the best thing about the mess.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS