Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leonardo is now at the Bridge

Hybrid View

Leonardo is now at the Bridge

This morning I sent my precious Leonardo the the Rainbow Bridge.

He has had arthritis for a long time and yesterday got so he could no longer walk. His vet had given him a pain shot before and it helped but this time it didn't.

He could not even stand long enough to go to the bathroom. It broke my heart seeing him drag himself around with his front legs.

I knew this day was coming but how I prayed it wouldn't.
    They gave him a seditive and I held him until he went to sleep, telling him how much he is loved and about heaven.

It would have been easier for me to have my heart ripped out while I'm still alive than do this.

Please dear friends pray for him and me. I'm not sure I can take this.
    Thank you for your love for my boy all these years.
    connie
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I am so, so sorry.

Chester and Grandma will also notice poor Leonardo is gone. I hope the three of you can share some hugs.

Knowing you did the right thing for Leonardo does nothing to help the hurt.

We PTrs will "take this" with you...we'll do whatever we can for you.

{{{{hugs}}}}

ETA: Leonardo's 18th birthday pic in 2008

A couple more of Leonardo - found at the age of 10 days and given a long and wonderful life by MOFF:

Leo at 16, needing lots of naps (and having an adorable face to accompany them!)

Leonardo the ET!

And finally - "kissy, kissy, kissy!"
    Last edited by Catty1; 06-17-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Unhappy Safe Trip to The Bridge, Leonardo ...

{{{Hugs}}}

Bless you for having the strength and to do what was best for Leonardo ...

He's now free of pain and enjoying a romp at The Bridge.
    I''ll bet Boots da Kat has found him and they're Budddies already.

{{{Hugs}}}

Oh dear Connie, I'm so sorry about Leonardo
    It is so terrible to make a decision like that but in this case it was the best for him. I know it hurts so bad, but I pray with all my heart that Our Lord will comfort you.

Now Leonardo is not in pain, he's running and playing hard, watching over you.

RIP Leonardo.
    astrid

I'm so sorry to hear this. He had a wonderful loving home with you for many years and I'm sure you'll see each other again some day. Now he's painfree and most likely running around and playing up at the Bridge. RIP Leonardo. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Dang it, I can't type...LES big time......

See ya at the bridge, little one.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Leo looks like a very sweet kitty. May he rest in peace. My Annie I'm sure will be there to comfort him.

My prays are with you.

Melissa

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    "I'm so sorry" seems so little to say at a time like this, but it is from the heart that I say it. Major LES after reading Karen's poem to dear Leonardo. I will light a candle for both of you. Your boy is at peace - may you find peace also.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 06-17-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Aw, my sweet Leonardo, it has been one long long year ago tomorrow that I gave you your final kiss and hug and sent you to the Rainbow Bridge. I miss you so much I can hardly stand it at times. Everyday that passes though brings the day we will be together again that much closer.

Though I have new kitties to love, you will always be my kitty. Please tell Luke I miss him so very much too and Leroy and all my babies there. I hope you are all getting the hugs, cuddles and kisses I ask for you to get every day.

Poor Chester went from being one of three boy cats with one sister to being the ONLY boy cat with Three sisters. He misses you a lot too. He has two new little brothers now to sort of help even out the numbers. He is not friends with them yet. I doubt he will ever be as close to them as he was to you and Luke but maybe they will be friends someday.

Just wanted to remind you how very much you are loved and missed.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I'm so sorry about your Leonardo...It was two years ago on Monday that we had to say goodbye to one of our beloved kitties, Billy...I know just how you are feeling...Time does help, although I still think about and miss him every single day...Even though it's been two years, I still have trouble thinking or talking about him without tearing up...These wonderful animals leave a huge imprint on our lives and on our hearts don't they? Though they are not here with us physically, there are always with us in spirit, and we will see them again one day...Just know that your Leonardo knows how much he is loved and missed and that he will love you always.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

I am so sorry to hear about Leonardo. I had no idea your boy was failing so much.
    It never gets any easier to make the decision to let them go, but you did the right thing for your precious Leonardo.
    Rest in peace, gorgeous boy. Watch over meowmie for us.

Thank you all so much.

Poor boy almost made it to 19. He was 18 and 10 months old. His vet said he was equal to 102 if he were human.

Sometimes life just stinks.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I am so terribly sorry to hear of the emotional pain you are feeling right now,it is so hard to let our loved furbabies go, you gave your sweet Leonardo a wonderful life and did the very best for your kitty that you could, Rest in peace little one and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, thinking of you at this very sad and difficult time, i hope we can all give you some comfort through the tough time ahead. and Hugs to you.

Last edited by carole; 06-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Deepest sympathy my dear friend.
    We all feel your pain....you are not alone.
    Hold on tight to sweet Chester and Grandma....they will help comfort you.

{{{hugs}}} and
    slick xoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so sorry to read about Leonardo. I know this is a difficult time for you right now, but please remember he is now happy, healthy, and painfree at the RB waiting for the time you will be together again.