Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

Hybrid View

My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

All of you have been with us during the long years- close to five and a half now in which Filou fought renal failure.
    With a stone in my heart I have to report now that he left us this evening.
    The last two months have been very difficult for him. We thought we would lose him beginning of May- he began to look as if he belonged to the other world already- but he took up eating again.
    We left for a vacation and he had discovered that sleeping with a doggie (my sister's Amber) kept him warm.
    He was allowed to eat what he wanted and he even took to dog food. He climbed us every day- our thighs and hips are proof of that. But he became thinner and thinner- close to 4 lb at the end. He slept more and more and his wonderful sleek fur became ruffled.
    Last Sunday the end phase of renal failure started- he couldn't keep the water anymore. He drank and minutes later it would all run out of him. Trude, our friend and vet said that the next stages would be vomiting and finally vomiting blood. We felt that Filou wouldn't like to go like this.
    So today he had a day in the sun on the balcony, ate an egg yellow and waited on my shoulder for Trude to come. He could spend hours on our shoulders now- no longer jumping. In the last days his eyes sank a little deeper in his head.
    He got the first injection while sitting on my shoulder. When he became sleepy I took him down in my arms.
    He, the prince of Abyssinia, was not scared at all. He went to sleep with his head on my arm.
    He will be buried next to Tigris and there is a rose on his casket. Tigris sleeps in a cashmere scarf and Filou in silk.
    I cannot say how we will survive without them both. How I will survive without this little guy who is a part of my heart.
    I have some pictures from him yesterday which I will post later.
    I hope that Tigris and Miley and Graemer and Dante (these are the Abyssinians) and all the other Pet Talk kitties are together with him now playing.
    Last edited by Barbara; 06-26-2010 at 11:07 AM.

My heart is breaking for you. Know your beloved Filou fought the good fight as long as he was able. He is now with Tigris and is asking you not to cry for him too much. He is healthy and happy and is now one of your guardian angels and he will never really leave you.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Barbara, I'm so very sorry you had to say goodbye to Filou. I know he was your heart kitty. He really was a beautiful boy. Filou fought a brave battle for these past years with kidney failure and you did everything you possibly could, to make him comfortable. You gave him so much love and I'm sure he can still feel it up there on the RB. He will go and meet Tigris first of course, and then get together with the other Abbysinian friends he has there. And he will surely send you a sign.

Barbara and Siegmar, you have my deepest sympahty for your loss. I know Filou will stay in your hearts forever.

I'm so glad I got to meet him.

((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Barbara,

I am so sorry to hear about Filou's passing. He was a beautiful cat who was very loved, and he knew it.

Rip Sweet Filou. Play hard at the RB and give MooShoo and Mollie Rose lots of hugs and kisses from their meowmie.

Love & Hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Please accept my most sincere condolences. So very sorry for your loss. Dear Filou, rest well sweetheart.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh, I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you, Barbara and Siegmar.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Filou couldn't have asked for a better family to spend his days. You have done so much for him, to help him be comfortable, and to aid his in his fight. RIP, dear Filou. Romp at the Bridge!

I am so sorry for your loss.

Another old timer has left us. I'm so sorry, Barbara. Remember the good times.

I'm so sorry. So very sorry.

Filou fought his illness as long and and hard as he could because he loved you so much. He was a wonderful, brave little guy. He'll be missed by admirers all around the world, and he'll never truly leave you.

Rest well, beloved Filou.

Oh Barbara my heart goes out to you, i know how hard this battle is indeed having lost my Ash to the same thing, I also know how loved Filou was by you and how you helped him with his battle to survive,I am so sorry you have to feel this unbearable pain at the loss of your special furfriend, sending you a ton of love and hugs at this sad and difficult time in your life, RIP dear sweet Filou, Ash is welcoming you with open paws,he will take care of you, along with Mooshoo and many other sweet PT kitties.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Barbara,

I am sorry to hear the news.

Sending you hugs across the miles.

RIP, Filou.

Oh Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear about Filou. My sincerest condolences to you and Siegmar. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Barbara, my heart sank when I saw your thread here in Cat memorial, and I'm sooo sorry that I did not see this earlier!!! ((((HUGS))))

I know he was your heart kitty, and I know you were prepared but not ready yet for this, we never are.... He fought his battle as long as he could - oh, and what a brave fighter he was!!

It's hard for us to imagine PT without your beautiful Aby boys - so how could you ever imagine a life without these two precious kitties?!

Barbara and Siegmar, my heartfelt condolences to both of you, I know this emptiness that fills our hearts and homes after such a loss!!! (((HUGS)))

Ruhe sanft und in Frieden, lieber Filou, jetzt kannst Du zusammen mit Tigris die Regenbogenbrücke unsicher machen!!

I'm so sorry about your precious Filou. He was much loved and knows you did what's best for him.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so sorry. I'm never good at saying much when it comes to losing a pet. I can only say with time your heart will mend. It will take a while but someday you'll get there.

Your thread brought tears to my eyes, remembering what it was like to put down my dear sweet Anika in Oct. 08. It's never easy to do but you did what was right for Filou.

My prays are with you.

Melissa