Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good thoughts for my dad, please HE'S HOME #76

Hybrid View

Good thoughts for my dad, please HE'S HOME #76

My dad was hit by a car tonight while crossing the street on his 4 wheeler (I know, shouldn't have been doing that).

So far we know he's lost his toe on his right foot, all the skin on the top of the foot (you can see his bones and tendons and all that good stuff). His ankle is broken along with bones in his foot. Tons of road rash on his legs and his upper body from hitting the street.

Thankfully, he wasn't injured worse. They're going to debride his wounds tonight and then do surgery on the foot within a day or two. Not sure if any of it will be plastic surgery or what they will do. They are hoping to save most of his foot.

Your good thoughts and prayers for him would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 07-14-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Oh my goodness Jennie! I will definitely keep your dad in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank goodness he is going to be ok. I am sorry your family has to go through this. Best wishes to all of you.

Blog Entries
    Jenn, Good Thoughts & Prayers sent your dads way.

Jenn..positive thoughts for you and yours. I'm so sorry.
    Claudia

OH heavens! Prayers going out, I hope he heals up soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh dear,.

Sending you and your dad a DOUBLE DOSE of good thoughts.

Give him and Hug and a Slug for us!

Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Please know that my prayers are going out for him and for your family.

If you don't mind, I would like to include your Dad on our prayer concern list at my church.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

YOWZER!!!

Prayers for your Dad, and prayers for all his family, from RI.

OH my...prays coming big time for your Dad.

Thank you everyone for your concern. I haven't heard yet today how he is doing or feeling. My mom is going to go down later on, and I'll be going down tomorrow after I get my hair cut. I need to look presentable, not like the gypsy that dI look like now with just a hairband on my head and my hair all wild from being up here at Sunny Rest. At least now, with being up here, when he comes home I'll be only 3miles away from home and will be able to visit more often. I know he's going to be out of commission for a while so he won't be driving anywhere.

For those of you who don't know, my dad has macular degeneration, and is legally blind. Not a good combination for him and a 4 wheeler/ATV. But you can't hold this man back, it just doesn't work. His hearing isn't what it used to be either, so I'm imagining that he didn't hear the car coming (most new cars are almost silent anyway when they're speeding down the road), and I doubt he saw anything much with the eyesight problem. So a speeding woman and an old man on a 4 wheeler did not make good company on that road.

I imagine they'll both get tickets. My dad for driving across the road to get to my brother's road with the 4 wheeler (that's a kick in the arse for ya), and the woman for her speeding. You should see the skid marks!!! YIKES!!!

One good update was that they found all 5 toes, and they are very hopeful that they won't have to amputate any. They're hopeful for his foot as well. WHEW!!! They said it was more of a cut and pulling of the skin, than a rubbing off of the skin, so they'll be able to do more of a pull up and tucking of the skin, rather than grafting. HOpe they need to do no grafting!

I'll post more as info becomes available. All he pitched a fit about last night was the neck brace they had him in and he wanted it off, and no one would remove it, lol. He's so impatient. NOT a patient patient, lol.

Thanks all again for the thoughts and prayers, they mean a lot.

Continuing prayers for all of - maybe most of all for your mother She's the one who will have to deal with him after he gets home. He sounds like me - nothing is going to keep him down.

Glad to hear a relatively positive report this morning.

Oh my goodness.. Poor Dad & I hope he is not in too much pain.. Prayers prayers & Lighted Candles for your Dad.. Get Well Soon.. Keep us posted ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I am praying for your father...how scary.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jennie. I'm thinking good thoughts and praying now for all of you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!