Thread: Still no home for Ally... Update Post 35

Threaded View

Still no home for Ally... Update Post 35

I've been hesitant to post an update - there is so much sadness on PT at the moment... with the loss of some of our special kitties, so I hate to add more bad news...

I still have not managed to re-home Ally. I have looked again into bringing her here to Lagos. There is basic vet care available, but the logistics of bringing her into the country are almost insurmountable. Also, supply of all imported foodstuffs here is erratic at best, and NONE of the shops I have checked have any of the types of food which Ally eats.

I have exhausted every possibility for rehoming her in Bahrain, and have had no luck.

The only person who is willing to give her a home in South Africa has other dogs and cats, and Ally is purely INSIDE ONLY - whereas this person would let her be outside/inside. I know in my heart that Ally would not cope with the transition to this hectic noisy house, and would probably panic and run away - then I would have to live the rest of my life wondering what happened to her.

Ally is still at my house in Bahrain, and my housesitter/petsitter is checking on her daily. She has been there - almost totally alone - for nearly 3 weeks already.

Within the next couple of weeks Warren will be flying back to Bahrain, to tie up some loose ends, move our stuff out of the house into storage etc......he keeps asking me " have you sorted something out for Ally yet?" ..... and I keep stalling.

The reality is that, without a miracle, Ally will be PTS within the next few weeks.

I understand if you hate me - I hate myself for even considering putting a healthy animal to sleep. I feel like a murderer, and I swear I will never own another pet as long as I live - it just hurts too damn much.

Please pray for a miracle.
    Last edited by Ally Cat's Mommy; 01-28-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.