Thread: Meet Merlin **HE'S HOME MAY 7, 2010**

Threaded View

Meet Merlin **HE'S HOME MAY 7, 2010**

I've gone and done it. I've signed some foster-to-adopt papers with the Humane Society. He's coming home with me in May. That will give me lots of time to find a painter and get the work done before his arrival.

http://www.rchs.bc.ca/coppermine/dis...album=1&pos=11

I hope this link will take you directly to his page, if not, scroll through, he is file 12 of 35. We think he was dumped because of his age.

I met him yesterday and it was love at first sight. He was curled up on his favourite "post". He has very low expectations - in other words, he doesn't expect anyone to notice him. He knows he's old and he knows that most of the people visiting the shelter go away with a much younger and more playful furbaby. But that's OK with him. He's very happy at the shelter and he's not bothered by the other kitties at all. He knows he's safe and is so grateful for a warm place to sleep inside and not outside in the streets. I walked over and started talking to him. He started purring right away without me touching him. I stayed with him for over 30 min and pet him alot but didn't attempt to pick him up. I will visit him again today and take some pictures and update this post. I don't know how long he will be with me because he's already 13/14 yrs old but I want to make his last days as happy and full of love as possible.

He was adopted out previously but was returned within a week because the resident cat went berserk when Merlin walked in. Apparently Merlin cased the joint for about an hour, then promptly hopped on the bed and went to sleep. I hope he will be just as "at ease" when he comes home with me.

Now, names anyone????? His tattoo was traced and at the time his name was Merlin but well, Merlin doesn't really suit a orangie in my opinion. Suggestions????
    Last edited by slick; 05-08-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.