I have an Orange-eyed (Golden-eyed in USA) ultra-type White Persian male cat and for the love of God, I cannot seem to keep him clean. His eyes constantly weep (which I can keep on top of by daily cleaning) but he has developed a thick brown sludgy coating around his mouth and also along his tail. I asked a vet in the UK about the tail and he said it was probably a fungal infection (of which these cats were prone) and he said little else. I now have him here with me in New Zealand and it hasn't gone away. I have tried bathing him (water comes out dark brown) but he still comes out discoloured. Once tried scraping tail gently but dark brown crusts came off and left raw patches on tail. Please tell me what to do - don't want to hurt him but he looks so awful sometimes. His father was a champion and he is potentially so gorgeous but I can't keep on top of this brown slime on his face and tail. I know these cats are high maintainance but I have seen perfect pure white specimens in shows. Don't want to show mine but what am I doing wrong? Any advice helpful please as love my Yoda so much.