Thread: My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

Threaded View

My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

All of you have been with us during the long years- close to five and a half now in which Filou fought renal failure.
    With a stone in my heart I have to report now that he left us this evening.
    The last two months have been very difficult for him. We thought we would lose him beginning of May- he began to look as if he belonged to the other world already- but he took up eating again.
    We left for a vacation and he had discovered that sleeping with a doggie (my sister's Amber) kept him warm.
    He was allowed to eat what he wanted and he even took to dog food. He climbed us every day- our thighs and hips are proof of that. But he became thinner and thinner- close to 4 lb at the end. He slept more and more and his wonderful sleek fur became ruffled.
    Last Sunday the end phase of renal failure started- he couldn't keep the water anymore. He drank and minutes later it would all run out of him. Trude, our friend and vet said that the next stages would be vomiting and finally vomiting blood. We felt that Filou wouldn't like to go like this.
    So today he had a day in the sun on the balcony, ate an egg yellow and waited on my shoulder for Trude to come. He could spend hours on our shoulders now- no longer jumping. In the last days his eyes sank a little deeper in his head.
    He got the first injection while sitting on my shoulder. When he became sleepy I took him down in my arms.
    He, the prince of Abyssinia, was not scared at all. He went to sleep with his head on my arm.
    He will be buried next to Tigris and there is a rose on his casket. Tigris sleeps in a cashmere scarf and Filou in silk.
    I cannot say how we will survive without them both. How I will survive without this little guy who is a part of my heart.
    I have some pictures from him yesterday which I will post later.
    I hope that Tigris and Miley and Graemer and Dante (these are the Abyssinians) and all the other Pet Talk kitties are together with him now playing.
    Last edited by Barbara; 06-26-2010 at 11:07 AM.