Thread: What would you do? Updated, more information

Threaded View

What would you do? Updated, more information

I was presented with this tonight by my neighbor who just lost her mother last week, she called hoping I could offer her some suggestions/help/advice.

Her Mom had 2 cats, they both are 14 years old and have been together since they were each about a year old. They have been left in the house and one of her brothers has been going by to check in on them and feed them. They are in the process of cleaning out the house and realize they need to do something about the cats since there is no one to move in to look after them. They are a family of dog people and most have multiple dogs and the cats have never been around dogs. This one would take 1 cat and another one would take 1, but no one will take both... and they're not even sure the cats would fit in with dogs. Would this age a cat never being around dogs ever accept living in a house with dogs? Then, the brother is having to go out of state real soon to work and there will be no one to look after them then.

Or do you think they would be better off, just PTS? They have lost their human and I am sure are going to grieve, then to split them up, they would grieve even more, them loose their home on top of all that, the only home they have had most of their lives.. Would they adjust to all those changes thrown on them all at one time.. Can they handle it at their age?

Abby is a Himalayan and about 10 pounds. Toby is a orangie with white and around 16 pounds, if I'm not mistaken, he is long haired. I have met them before but it was a long time ago, I just remember they were both beautiful..

So, give me your opinions, what do you think is the best thing to do?
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 07-29-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!