Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
Isn't if funny, Phesina how you moved FROM MI to the East coast, and I moved TO MI from the East coast. They say if you've never been to MI, you'll hate it. But people who were born and raised there love it. Go figure.

Nope, never made it to the zoo. I did go the UP (Upper Penninsula) over New Year's with some friends. That huge mall is awesome!! Took hours to go through. Lots to see!

I lived right outside of Detroit in Ecorse, MI across from the Detroit River. Not the greatest area, but the rent was cheap. $550/month for 1200 sq. feet including everything. Sure can't find that in CT unless you want to pay up to $1200/month not including utilities.

After 3 years of trying to find employment as a news writer, I finally gave up, left everything behind (anything that wouldn't fit in my little KIA Sephia) and went back to CT, because I missed my family and friends so badly. Now THAT (moving back to CT) I'll never regret!!

Great pictures!!!
Even if you're born in MI, you still hate it from time to time, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures & story of your trip to the Island, over the bridge & the locks too. Years ago we went to the Island & did the samething took a horse drawn surrey ride around the Island. The lilac bushes were in bloom & there were 30 some varities on the Island. Moo, I can still taste the good fudge yet. I recall a huge hotel I think was called the Grand. We went inside & had a coupon for strawberry daiquiris, had to climb a bunch of stairs to the top & the bar looked out over the island. The Grand has a huge porch with a bunch of chairs to sit on & look out over the Island & Lake. Just a really neat place.
Ahhh, the Grand Hotel. That thing is AMAAZING! We didn't stay there because it's ridiculously expensive, but we did go past it. It's beautiful, what with over 100 rooms [all decorated differently, by the way]. I believe they have the biggest covered porch in the US? You have to pay to go on it, though. -_-