Thread: Lost Cat During Transport :( *WE GOT HER!!!!!!!!!! Left Leg Swollen Vet Appt. Sch.

Threaded View

Friday evening I arrived at my sister's place and started setting up the trap. Momma came by with her 2 kittens and another kitten showed up.

I got her 2 kittens in the same kitten trap. They were very feisty but appeared to be ok otherwise.

After I got those two I put the trap back out and got an all white kitten. She was very friendly. She went upstairs with the other 3 cats that my sister had upstairs.

Then I got another kitten, white with tiger spots, beautiful. I put the trap back out and we had an adult calico going in the trap but she would pull the food out of the trap...so she ate and then left. I saw the momma but she didn't want to get into the trap, I think I needed a bigger trap than what I had but she just didn't want anything to do with the trap.

So we kept watch for the momma to come back and left the trap up for a while and we had another visitor, the same one came back from last weekend.

It was an adult female, tiger with a white paws and bib. Very friendly, a little shy at the same time and we took her upstairs.

So we had 5 cats in her one bedroom upstairs, 3 kittens in a huge cat carrier...and no momma yet.

We put the trap out early in the morning around 5 a.m. and let the trap up till about 7:45 a.m. but no sign of her.

The kittens are about 7-8 weeks old so they could survive without their mom but I still wanted to get her.

Sadly that was not the case. So we loaded up the car with 3 kittens, and 4 cats, the lady who was taking them agreed to take 3 cats and 3 kittens and the mom but she didn't know if she was going to take tiger one yet and so I figured I'd better leave the white one at home and I would foster her if needed.

Let me tell you it was a fun ride, when one cried the other would cry, and then the babies would start.

They did settle down towards the end. We pulled up to our meeting location and waited, my phone rang and the lady was running late. I wasn’t too happy about it but things happen.

So they finally arrived around 10:15 a.m. and I showed them the babies first in the cat carrier and then I showed them the female tiger with the white bib.

She was going to open the cat carrier and I told her if she was going to do that to please go to your car and do that with the windows open. She didn’t listen…I should have been more forceful but I wasn’t. So she got her and she was a little wiggly and she had control over the cat, they got the cat carrier and I turned around to go get the babies in the cat carrier, and I heard them say shoot or something and I turned around and the tiger girl with the bib was running.

Luckily, she didn’t run towards traffic and they thought she went into this shed that was locked up but couldn’t see her or hear here.

I felt so terrible that this happened and I was semi-pissed as well. The girl and the guy were both upset which frankly she should have listened to me but that wasn’t the point at the time.

We looked around till about 10:45 a.m. and then we had to leave, my mom was getting released from the rehab facility (she had a knee replacement) and we had to get her at 11 a.m.

I called the Dunkin Donuts where we meet and told them to keep an eye out for the cat; I called the Humane Society, and told them, I’ve posted it on Craigslist, etc.

I feel so terrible for her; she was friendly but shy at the same time.

I talked with Jenn from here and she went out on Saturday and Sunday but I assume didn’t see anything since I didn’t hear from her.

I’m just so upset about this, I wish she would come to someone or be found so we could take her inside. I've attached a picture of her, she was lost in Allentown, PA off of Lehigh Street.

The white kitten came home with me and has a vet appointment scheduled for today at 2:20 p.m.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112102047a.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	460.0 KB 
ID:	46277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112102103.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	46278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0531.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	46279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0538.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	46280