Thread: Got some Questions for the bird people- Peach Faced Love birds

Threaded View

Got some Questions for the bird people- Peach Faced Love birds

Well, lol. Here is the story. My friend caled me up and was like guess what! I was like what? She's like I just got back from Texas and guess what I got! I was like what! She was like 2 love birds, and guess what you get to do for the next week! Watch them! LOL. So I have 2 very very pretty Peached faced love birds sitting behind me chirping very loudly. Surprisingly, Nova didn't seem to bother them, although we still keep them up at all time, safty percaution. Wwell anyway. I got some questions.

My Friend wants me to try to hand the birds while she is away to get them used to people. I was wondering, how do I hand tame a bird????

And does anyone know how to tell weither a love bird is a male or female??

Thax for all the help! O and PCB you should be happy to know, my dad really really reallly wants birds now. He keeps saying do we have to give them back? YOu know this is dangerouse because I miss AJ and JJ and bringing a bird into the house makes me want one more just thought you might like to know, lol.

O, are there any treats I can give them?

Ash

Up date- I put my hand in there and just held it out like a Perch "Romeo", (thats what I'm calling him for the week, they don't have a name yet) came and sat one my hand. He also flew out of his cage so I picked him up off the floor and put him back in his cage, I was suprised to find out he was great about being picked up off the floor and put back in the cage, no fighitng, biting nothing, just a very calm birdie.

~Side Note~ Nova is kept outside anytime the bird cage is off of the very high self it is on or if ANY of the doors are open, even just to give water

Julette is not warming up as well. THey are resting on the counter behind me and just getting used to my presence. I think we will make some wondeful progress this week, even if its just Juliette not freaking out when I come near the cage.

PS: You all should not be surprised to know that the moment I saw they had no toys in there cage I went and got them some. They now have 2 bird toys to play with, lol.
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 06-28-2003 at 12:01 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka